Archived What happens at your store if OPU has a “Missed Goal”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseyerc

GSTL
Our store takes it pretty serious. CCAs and the such arise and we as the GSTLs have to be 1000% on it (along with hearing my voice super loud on the walkie regarding any orders that just dropped, goal approachings, drive ups, etc).

What about for drive ups? How serious does your store take a missed goal for drive up? For us it’s serious but not as serious as a missed goal EPICK.

Last edited:
As my argument is as always, not my fault if the backroom is not spotless with a almost perfect accuracy rating, all reshop is current, all push is done on time? If not I am wasting time to find items we know are here but are out of place = missed goal times. I can't do my job if others haven't done theirs.

But no one seems to give a fuck if we even pick the damn orders. We do not have Drive Up, cause our parking lot is not set up for it.

If we missed goal for OPU or SFS the ETL-Log would chew out the TLs and the unfortunate TM who missed the goal. Coachings were rampant. If we asked for help and ETL thought we didn’t need it: chewed out. If we didn’t ask for help and missed goal: chewed out. If we asked too late (because orders dropped late): chewed out. Spent too much time looking for items to avoid INF: chewed out. INF’d something-didn’t look long enough: chewed out. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t. ETL cared only about metrics and was desperate to cover her ass at all costs by throwing everyone under the bus. Couldn’t understand that INF percentage was a reflection on the success or failure of the store’s overall process, not only the SFS team. Red BRLM, unpushed repacks, inaccurate counts and unlocated product cause INFs and missed goals, as do aisles so completely blocked by pallets that it takes forever to get to the end of the aisle as well as partially unloaded trucks stuffed full of repacks. The team were sick of getting coached no matter what they did and most had quit by the end of back-to-school.

Not much. It’s pretty hard to pick 60(83) items in under 30 minutes and we routinely have Drive Ups that are that big. Not to mention if we have to RFID to find something. We were told to just call LOD for help if we get backed up, but with the ridiculous new 30 minute goals just focus on actually finding the product. STL said she would rather have us hitting goaltime then INF’ing items.

As far as I know, no follow up on it at my store. We try not to INF or miss goals but I've never been coached or really even spoken to negatively about it. It's more of a "just let us know" or "ask for help if you need it" beforehand, and "Did you check the line, ask the TMs in the area, and check at guest service? Yes? Ok then INF it."
I work OPU 2x weekly for months and I've still not received any feedback so I guess I'm doing OK?

We don't miss goals. We INF the shit out of anything we still can't find after the "goal time approaching" alert pops up.
I've never been able to get a straight answer about which is "worse" - missing goal time or INFing - but our leadership seems to think it's missing the goal. I kinda feel like it's less convenient for the guest to not get their item today at all rather than having to wait an extra half hour or so while someone potentially finds it, but what do I know.

We're not high-volume though when it comes to OPU, so maybe things would be different if we were.

We don't miss goals. We INF the shit out of anything we still can't find after the "goal time approaching" alert pops up.
I've never been able to get a straight answer about which is "worse" - missing goal time or INFing - but our leadership seems to think it's missing the goal. I kinda feel like it's less convenient for the guest to not get their item today at all rather than having to wait an extra half hour or so while someone potentially finds it, but what do I know.

We're not high-volume though when it comes to OPU, so maybe things would be different if we were.
If its OPU you’re talking about, it tells the guest it will be ready in 2 hours, not 30’ minutes anyways... so at my store we don’t worry about goal time a whole lot. It’s more important that the guest actually gets the products. When we INF it results in loss sales, compared to when we hit goal time it does nothing but give us red in that area. The guest still gets their product (assuming we can find it)

If its OPU you’re talking about, it tells the guest it will be ready in 2 hours, not 30’ minutes anyways... so at my store we don’t worry about goal time a whole lot. It’s more important that the guest actually gets the products. When we INF it results in loss sales, compared to when we hit goal time it does nothing but give us red in that area. The guest still gets their product (assuming we can find it)
That's how I see it too, but can you come to my store and explain this to my STL and ETLs?

I don't see how missing a goal should be coachable for the FFTM when the blame for an item not being able to be located (which is usually why goals are missed) lies on the salesfloor, flow, and backroom teams, not the SFS team. SFS metrics are just a measure of how well the rest of the store is doing.

I was on OPUs on Monday (hadn't done it in awhile), and I thought something was suspicious when I kept getting a lot of "Goal Approachings" and "Missed Goals." So today (I wasn't on them today), I went in and looked at one where goal time was missed. It was new order at 8:19, goal time approaching at 8:39, and missed goal at 8:51. WAIT JUST A MINUTE! When was goal time changed to 30 minutes? (Or exactly 32 minutes?) And I was never told of this change! That's not fair to anyone, when you think you're supposed to have an hour. And then you have multiple orders coming in. You can't keep up.

Prior to the new etl log ... it was a very big deal.

Past couple weeks, the average has been 50% missed. His excuse "my team is spending the extra time to find the items for our guests" aka, he knows how effed his backstock/freight situation is so hes letting it slide. All the seasonals wait until they've missed goal time to actually reach out for help, even though we tell them not to 100x

Given that the goal time doesn't adjust for order size, it seems like so much BS to me. 30 minutes is do-able for a couple of items, but more than that, given the way the system sends you all over the store and back again to path for stuff, 30 minutes just isn't reasonable for larger orders or (heaven forbid) combined picks when you get more than one order in at a time.

Most guests don't even come in that fast, even for drive up orders, so I don't get why they put the goal at 30 minutes when they tell guests 2 hours, and guests come in 6 hours or 6 days later most often, anyways.

I don't see how missing a goal should be coachable for the FFTM when the blame for an item not being able to be located (which is usually why goals are missed) lies on the salesfloor, flow, and backroom teams, not the SFS team. SFS metrics are just a measure of how well the rest of the store is doing.
Backroom team is the only team that does sfs and opu. We are the only one that knows how to , also the rtsk. Those are all logistics metrics therefore belongs to backroom only .

Backroom team is the only team that does sfs and opu. We are the only one that knows how to , also the rtsk. Those are all logistics metrics therefore belongs to backroom only .
That’s true backroom team is basically the gods of target now with the mycheckout FF team that’s picking in the store can actually do a quick transaction for guests example electronics when they’re busy. Logistics metrics is that’s why they keep giving me to much hours when my schedule is not even full time .

It's inconsistent in my store.
The chime starts going off about goal approaching and the LOD will get on the walkie to yell about it.
Some LODs will ask that you stop in place if you suspect an INF until they come clear you to INF. Others will ask you skip the location until you get to the end, and then they'll walk with you for the rest of the INFs on the pick.

There doesn't seem to be any consequence either way.

I’ve never heard anyone stress about the goal time. It definitely doesn’t affect the front end at all because backroom does the entire process all we do is give the guests their orders lol and I’ve asked backroom TMs when they’re putting a GIGANTIC order into hold and I’m like “there’s no way you got all that in 30 minutes did you get in trouble” and they just say like “they know we can’t get every order done on time we’re pretty much almost all red but they understand” so seems pretty chillax at my store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back