Archived What happens now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
a few days ago I got called in to the ETL's office right when I was about to end my shift. Basically they opened my file, had an exchange, and told me that because of my actions, I would no longer be working at that target. For the sake of confidentiality, I'm not gonna go into full detail of why exactly but basically they told me because I let my mother use a discount "knowing" that it was not in the best interest of target, it was considered stealing. They told me that it wouldn't be on my record nor would it inhibit my ability to apply for any other job in the future. I figured I would've been let go anyways since I was hired seasonally, however I realized that now I had no references for any future job that I would apply for.

I've done some light research and found out that Target tends to refrain from giving references unless they are personally given. With that being said, would my previous Target store follow protocol and only provide general information regarding my time working for Target or would they dive into that file and tell them that I should not be hired for letting my mother use a discount for groceries?

This.
They'll verify your dates & you'd certainly do well to reference this as seasonal employment.
Since it's common for seasonal hires to be cut after Q4, your departure shouldn't raise any eyebrows with a prospective employer.
If they ask why you left, you were seasonal only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back