Archived ETL Moving On... Now What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been an ETL-Log for 2 and a half years now and have decided to finally move on. The problem is I don't really know where to start my job search besides retail management but would like to get out of retail if possible.

Former ETLs, what career/job did you end up taking after leaving Target?

I have been an ETL-Log for 2 and a half years now and have decided to finally move on. The problem is I don't really know where to start my job search besides retail management but would like to get out of retail if possible.

Former ETLs, what career/job did you end up taking after leaving Target?

Extract the "retail management" from your roles and responsibilities. The Logistical Management side of your job is hugely valuable.

When I put in my notice I printed the core roles of each position I had and use it as a guide for the resume. I’m having a similar issue because I was in a position where it’s hard to really translate it when I say it’s a technician role and supervisor role but I might have to word it so that it sounds more like I was managing the assets in as such just consider myself Property Management and leave out Technician in the title if I wanted to get into the managing side.

What did you put on your resume? Executive Team Lead downplays the role of an ETL too much. I'm getting ready to leave myself and am thinking of calling myself a Store Manager.

You could look into hospitality management. Hotels aren’t going anywhere.

@PM2NO - most major hotel chains have maintenance guys. Something to look into for you as well.

My last ETL-LOG left to go into hospitality.

A lot of Target titles can be a little tough to market. Even as Reverse Logistics/Receiving TM, I call myself Receiving Manager because I was more than a team member. I was making big decisions for the company.

I had a bite from a company on a maintenance tech at an apartment but I don’t have the HVAC training they require but I could get that certification. But I did get a bite on an IT gig. It’s temporary but I might end up getting full time.

Extract the "retail management" from your roles and responsibilities. The Logistical Management side of your job is hugely valuable.
When I put in my notice I printed the core roles of each position I had and use it as a guide for the resume. I’m having a similar issue because I was in a position where it’s hard to really translate it when I say it’s a technician role and supervisor role but I might have to word it so that it sounds more like I was managing the assets in as such just consider myself Property Management and leave out Technician in the title if I wanted to get into the managing side.

Both of these. Take the Retail out of the equation and change the title and you have so many opportunities. Specifically for ETL, you can just list Executive Logisics Manager and boy does that have a nice ring to it. There is so much a LOG alone over sees it’s crazy. Food safety and storage, Property Managment oversight, Retail Managment oversight (LOD shifts count for something), marketing and advertisement (you’re always mindful of profit and those end caps are a bitch to keep full right?).

Think about what you do in a day and your resume writes itself.

You could look into hospitality management. Hotels aren’t going anywhere.

@PM2NO - most major hotel chains have maintenance guys. Something to look into for you as well.

No thanks. I have 0 interest in leaving one job where guests are allowed to bitch me out and I'm just supposed to take it for another one exactly the same. I'm looking to manage more in business strategy.

No thanks. I have 0 interest in leaving one job where guests are allowed to bitch me out and I'm just supposed to take it for another one exactly the same. I'm looking to manage more in business strategy.
Car max, not sales but logistics side, is suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back