Archived What happens when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had it happen once in my area. We didn't get any TMs but we got some merch, including a pallet of random cosmetics in repacks.

I wonder if a store closing means that anybody on the bench in our district probably isn't getting moved up since there will be ETL's/TL's needing to transfer now? Or do those people tend to just get new jobs.

I wonder if a store closing means that anybody on the bench in our district probably isn't getting moved up since there will be ETL's/TL's needing to transfer now? Or do those people tend to just get new jobs.

A little of both. Also sometimes stores get an extra tl or etl for support while they wait reassignment

I'm not a TL, nor am I on the bench, but it's helpful to know in case they start dangling the "we want you on the bench" thing I've seen before, in case there's little chance I'll actually get a TL opening anytime soon.

I’ve wondered do they offer the salary employees a chance to transfer to another store or are they laid off as well

If you are the sister store you will get employee transfers, extra hours for a few months, and additional leadership. Business will definitely pick up. Within a few months it will even out. You will most likely have some of the transfers stay but many will probably end up leaving within a few months. The plus side is if the extra business impacts your store enough it could potentially bump you to the next level the following year. For example going from a C volume to a B or something.

I don't know if we're the sister store; I've gone there for support/training but there are closer stores in our district. We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back