Archived What have you broken at Spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who'd you have in the office? Luke Cage?

I've broke countless spiderwraps before but it's usually because the cord rips out.

It was just a REALLY old pair that was near the end of its lifespan anyway. One of the original pairs of cuffs that was on the bench when my store was built. The locking bar bent up and the cuffs wouldn't lock.

I've broken some fastbacks before. Sometimes they've been stuck on the same peghooks for what seems like years and they're impossible to get off, even the proper way.

The plastic ages and they snap, the old grey fastbacks those are delicate things that break if you look at them funny.

I've dropped a ceiling tile while doing camera moves, I've had to smash six or seven spider-wraps because the cords were cut and would not STFU. I also seem to be the only one that uses a computer when the damn hard drive decides to fail (seriously, 3 hard drives in the last 8 months...wtf?). And myDevices tend to Ike to jump from my hands; I've broken two that way.

Over 10 years I've quit caring if I break the occasional peice of merchandise.
Some things I can remember: Two 15mm wrenches while building bikes, several bottles of detergent, a bottle of mayo, a few PDA holsters, an easy bake oven, wood pallets pried apart with the pallet jack

I have slit open a few bags of candy. One of my past STL's happen to also be there pushing Halloween candy and about had a stroke when I ate a couple pieces. She made me put it on the flow defect tub immediately. Thankfully our new bosses are not like that and will come around this time of year and give us candy.

I've seen a pallet of juice from a pfresh truck fall over and take out an end cap and then some of dry grocery, made a nice woosh sound as all the juices flooded the floor. Didn't do this personally just witnessed the glory, the TM literally quit on the spot, looked at the mess walked out of the store, never to be seen again.

The best i've done is opening the truck door with a crown because the damn thing was leaning on the door and jammed the door shut. The thing that was holding the door shut was towers of pasta sauce and vinegar all of which broke when I forced the door to open with the stacker. I don't think that's entirely on me though.

We had a PA drop two crates of milk so about 8 gallons total and it flooded the entire prep room. Other than that 90% of our spills were food related and they all smelled absolutely terrible.

I've seen a pallet of juice from a pfresh truck fall over and take out an end cap and then some of dry grocery, made a nice woosh sound as all the juices flooded the floor. Didn't do this personally just witnessed the glory, the TM literally quit on the spot, looked at the mess walked out of the store, never to be seen again.

The best i've done is opening the truck door with a crown because the damn thing was leaning on the door and jammed the door shut. The thing that was holding the door shut was towers of pasta sauce and vinegar all of which broke when I forced the door to open with the stacker. I don't think that's entirely on me though.

Lol, amazing

Let's see......

The wave, an aluminum stepladder (those 2 were related.....), tons of seasonal crap, a pda screen, a bag of frozen peas, (those last 2 also related), the compactor, 4 gallons of milk at once, bottles of wine, and a jar of prego.

My brtl at the time broke the dock door's rail. The kink he put in it with the crown still makes it tough to close from full up. :)

Why are you pussyfootin around it?

tumblr_n7zz7b9HNU1ql56ddo1_500.gif

A sister store had an endcap collapse after a vendor overloaded it with wine.
She said it was a large red pool across the front end &, despite cones with tape, guests kept running their carts thru it.

Every time we have to zone some of the hideously over flowing clearance endcaps in domestics or kitchen supplies something always ends up getting broken. I've broken one or two candles this way

at my first store when I was backroom, I needed someone's help to get a patio chair off the top of the steel but the only person around was a minor and couldn't use power equipment. so I rode the Wave up and they took a ladder. together, we managed to drop it all the way off to the floor. luckily only the box broke. we just kind of shuffled it up to guest service and walked away at that point. never got a guest complaint, so I guess that was okay!

also knocked over a full tub of 12-packs of Coke (right in front of my freaking LOD) trying to push it over a threshold too fast.

I know I've broken other stuff, or at least dropped a lot, but it's such a long list I've kind of blocked it out at this point. I am super clumsy.

I managed to break our second oldest wave today... It has that stupid guard thing on the sides, and I smashed it into the steel at full speed going around a corner. It died completely and wouldn't start again.

I've had to smash six or seven spider-wraps because the cords were cut and would not STFU.
Always a fun time. Unlock it, get as much length as possible, and a nice crack of the whip against the floor in the Backroom :D

Always a fun time. Unlock it, get as much length as possible, and a nice crack of the whip against the floor in the Backroom :D
I hadn't thought of doing that. I've always just gotten a hammer off the Salesfloor and taken it outside. The big red balls make for a good anvil.

Light bulbs and almost anything in Kitchenware... My personal favorite is the faces we all make when we either pass merchandise to our fellow colleagues and "squint" when they miss and drop it.. Great thread guys!!! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back