Archived What holidays are time and a half?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, no .

I'm confused by your refusal to answer this question...Does your store never pay time and a half?

Not sure if it varies by state, but the ones I know of are

Labor Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, and if you happen to work overnight the night b4, possibly Thanksgiving. The rest of the holidays that would pay, we are closed on. I think that's it... Again, it may vary by state. You should probably look it up on your State's website and see. Target only pays time and a half (or double time, in some cases) when required by state law.

Sorry for the confusion, if you work on that holiday, you will get time & half. If we are closed on that day & not working, just a day off for tm's. I usually work it for the extra $$$.

From what I remember it's Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day.

Some of the holidays are tricky if I remember. I believe the ones we are closed for you have to work the day before and after in order to get the pay.

Aww I was hoping the upcoming Columbus day was counted haha because I got a full shift that day.

Im pretty sure new years day is time and a half too.

I'm confused by your refusal to answer this question...Does your store never pay time and a half?

Not sure if it varies by state, but the ones I know of are

Labor Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, and if you happen to work overnight the night b4, possibly Thanksgiving. The rest of the holidays that would pay, we are closed on. I think that's it... Again, it may vary by state. You should probably look it up on your State's website and see. Target only pays time and a half (or double time, in some cases) when required by state law.

Im pretty sure new years day is time and a half too.

Yep. You are absolutely right. For some reason, I always forget that as a holiday. It just seems so uneventful. haha New Year's eve is what I think of at new year's and we obviously don't get paid for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back