Archived What is Target's weather policy?

• Thread starter targetgirl123456
  • Start date
  • Replies 215
  • Views 51K
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had one of our momma nature as zambonni driver things with a mid winter warm-up then the serious temp drop so now the entire city is one big ice rink.
Time to break out the cleats.
All the stores in town have signs saying "Please remove your cleats and ski masks"

Last edited:
I was expecting way worse than the drive in. I figure it'll make it up on the drive home after close.

Shooooooot, Spot doesn't have a cut n dry attendance policy, let alone a policy for calling off for bad weather.
There's no way in hell I'm risking my life or my vehicle for 4 hrs of work that REALLY doesn't amount to much. Are they going to pay my $500 deductible if I get into an accident? No!
My street is one way in (up a hill) & out (down a hill). A little bit of ice and we are spinning our tires trying to get up it. Someone took out the entrance sign a few weeks ago because they lost their brakes and the only way to stop was to hit the retaining bricks around the sign.
I'd call off in a heartbeat, go make some coffee and watch my favorite movie.

If there is a national weather alert on the news saying don't drive unless it's an emergency, and your scheduled for work at the time it's the worst, and you call out because (you don't drive) and have a ride that takes you to work but since it was dangerous and slippery on the roads, I didn't want to risk my life and the person that takes me to work.

what is the weather policy?

it was the only time i ever called out today.
I'm over 90 days.

Never late for work once, always extra early and work hard .

Can I get in trouble?
Unless there is a natural disaster, you are scheduled. Just because there is a weather warning or alert for your area.

Call your store ASAP if its going take you a while to drive through a storm or blizzard.

Unless there is a natural disaster, you are scheduled. Just because there is a weather warning or alert for your area.

Call your store ASAP if its going take you a while to drive through a storm or blizzard.

I'm sorry but BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That was hilarious to me! No way in hell I'd risk myself or my vehicle for a low paying, run of the mill retail job.

Yeah, no. If I can't safely drive then I won't be going to work. Roads being clear for emergency responders and people who have a legitimate need is the priority, not some stupid zone or line at the check lanes.

As I posted earlier, a bus I took to work slid onto the sidewalk at a corner and ran over a fire hydrant. Thank god no one was waiting at the crosswalk.

In the future, if I know the conditions are bad enough for that to happen, there's no way in hell I'm going in. For all I know, a vehicle could run me over on the sidewalk. During a normal snowstorm I try to make it, but ice is where I draw the line.

If it's not safe do not drive but do not expect Target to ever ever close during wintery months. I heard ( correct me if I am wrong here) since Target is stationed in Minn they will never close because they figure they can handle it so can you......The downside of having HQ in Minn they deal with snow all the time:wacko:

That kind of mentality drives me nuts. I've lived up north and now live in the south. Schools and businesses close here at the slightest hint of snow because we aren't equipped to handle it. A good example of this (I don't live in California but the same idea goes for much of the south):

As I posted earlier, a bus I took to work slid onto the sidewalk at a corner and ran over a fire hydrant. Thank god no one was waiting at the crosswalk.

In the future, if I know the conditions are bad enough for that to happen, there's no way in hell I'm going in. For all I know, a vehicle could run me over on the sidewalk. During a normal snowstorm I try to make it, but ice is where I draw the line.
Don't get me wrong, if its bad enough where people are being advised to stay home, call the Target Crisis Hotline to check if your store is open. But I have lived in Iowa through 3 blizzard storms in one winter.

In Target's opinion, if your store is still open, then you are still scheduled.

If I were to run out of wine and drive to buy more, I'd drive to work......but that doesn't really happen.

Seriously though, no job is worth your life. We have constant call outs because people are hungover. So I guess, saying your sick for the fourth Saturday in a row, is better than saying the traffic is too bad.

At Target right now. My store got hit with the snowstorm in the northeast. Store is a ghost town. Good day to get a lot of work done.

Just a heads up for Tuesday in the Northeast:

10847336_809532972427296_6969092948824136527_o.jpg

The dark green is 30 INCHES of snow. Stay safe everyone.

Just a heads up for Tuesday in the Northeast:

10847336_809532972427296_6969092948824136527_o.jpg

The dark green is 30 INCHES of snow. Stay safe everyone.

where are you getting 30 inches from

that side bar says "in" and from the looks of it the dark green is 6 inches

Oh good, we're only getting a little this time instead of getting buried again. Back in November, we had a major storm in which some areas got 5 or 6 feet of snow in a short time.

First few posts should have it.

For those if you in Massachusetts, the Governor just instituted a travel ban in effect for Tuesday, so nobody is going to work.

Also, CT governor issued a travel ban starting at 9pm tonight according to what I've been reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back