Archived What is Target's weather policy?

• Thread starter targetgirl123456
  • Start date
  • Replies 215
  • Views 51K
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not weather related, but about a week ago we had a SLTL 45 minutes late for work because someone was threatening to jump off a freeway overpass. Traffic was completely parked for awhile.

To all of you up North...remember there is nothing we sell at Spot worth risking your life for. Be careful and if you cant make it to work don't hesitate to call out .

A good number of them won't be allowed to even try due to the travel bans across multiple states.

i think the northeast is screwed....
10955244_10152536823870800_6147667756280645884_n.jpg

where are you getting 30 inches from

that side bar says "in" and from the looks of it the dark green is 6 inches
Lol @oath2order - yes as per your quote, you are a guy...it's a fact that most guys do not perceive an array of colors, where a woman's brain can pick out many more shades.
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/where-men-see-white-women-see-ecru-22540446/

When I looked at that picture, I saw numerous colors in that area of ct..sort of like a bullseye in shades of green, blue and teal..

Lol @oath2order - yes as per your quote, you are a guy...it's a fact that most guys do not perceive an array of colors, where a woman's brain can pick out many more shades.
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/where-men-see-white-women-see-ecru-22540446/

When I looked at that picture, I saw numerous colors in that area of ct..sort of like a bullseye in shades of green, blue and teal..

I mean sure we can go with stereotyping

But I was looking more on the side of the graph, the fact that it says "inches", and nowhere does the side of the graph in green colors go to 30. The colors between 36 and 24 are a lighter grey, and a teal that doesn't look at all close to green.

The six shades of green span 3 to 6 inches.

Connecticut is covered in light grey, a slightly darker but still fairly light grey, and a color that is without a doubt teal and not green.

Looks like target employees are exempt from any travel ban because we are supporting a business that sells food and medical supplies, so no stores look like they will close

My store is STILL OPEN even though there is a state of emergency. All rail services shut down at 8 PM....most people take public transportation. I don't get why they wouldn't just shut the store down.. Oh wait, I forgot.. Money is more important to my store than the people that work in it!!!

Looks like target employees are exempt from any travel ban because we are supporting a business that sells food and medical supplies, so no stores look like they will close
Mass stores closed. We got the call before two. But not nh or me.

I...hope that is sarcasm. Sarcasm font if it is.

My store is STILL OPEN even though there is a state of emergency. All rail services shut down at 8 PM....most people take public transportation. I don't get why they wouldn't just shut the store down.. Oh wait, I forgot.. Money is more important to my store than the people that work in it!!!

I believe their is some sort of a law, where during a state of emergency stores with pharmacies must stay open.

A State of Emergency is one thing; meaning travel at your own risk and winter weather departments are activated. A Travel Ban is a higher level; meaning if you are not essential services and on the road, you will be detained or no one will come to your rescue.

I believe their is some sort of a law, where during a state of emergency stores with pharmacies must stay open.
I understand about the pharmacies staying open. The pharmacy closes at 9PM in my store. The rest of the store is open until midnight. With most tm taking public transportation the store should have closed early giving tm's time to get home but it didn't. Trains buses and LightRail service shut down last night at 8pm.

we had a blizzard in our state. my car was even blocked and stuck in the drive way covered in ice and snow and our governor had parking bans. It was way too dangerous to drive to work. everone was off the roads.No way am I going to risk my life. Say you work 4 hours and you get paid an average 9.00. Risking your life for 36.00 is no way in hell worth it.

I called my store 15 times this morning. No answer. I screen shotted my call history in case they try to turn around and say, hey jill, you didn't show up yesterday. You're fired.

If anyone gets fired for calling out in dangerous weather conditions, that's considered wrongful termination And anyone can contact labor dept for that.

we had a blizzard in our state. my car was even blocked and stuck in the drive way covered in ice and snow and our governor had parking bans. It was way too dangerous to drive to work. everone was off the roads.No way am I going to risk my life. Say you work 4 hours and you get paid an average 9.00. Risking your life for 36.00 is no way in hell worth it.

I called my store 15 times this morning. No answer. I screen shotted my call history in case they try to turn around and say, hey jill, you didn't show up yesterday. You're fired.

If anyone gets fired for calling out in dangerous weather conditions, that's considered wrongful termination And anyone can contact labor dept for that.
The one tl who never seems to be able to answer night bell answered when I called out today...

...this evening sign on the door said closed but the hotline still says open. what are the chances we will get paid if we called out before they closed it down?

So, theoretically, if a state if emergency was declared due to weather, would they have to close the store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back