Archived What is the avg pay for a sr. tps??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on your market. I believe SrTPS is paygrade N11, which would be more than $1 (I can't remember the exact number offhand) higher than base pay.

Depends on your market. I believe SrTPS is paygrade N11, which would be more than $1 (I can't remember the exact number offhand) higher than base pay.

Correct. Sr. TPS is a N11 pay grade, usually 1$ more but it depends also on your store. What is your org chart#? Usually the higher the risk level you'll get bumped up a little more, also being an 'outstanding' performer helps too! My Sr. TPS gets payed higher than 11$ but lower than 13$ hence i do not want to give the exact pay. Goodluck!

Correct. Sr. TPS is a N11 pay grade, usually 1$ more but it depends also on your store. What is your org chart#? Usually the higher the risk level you'll get bumped up a little more, also being an 'outstanding' performer helps too! My Sr. TPS gets payed higher than 11$ but lower than 13$ hence i do not want to give the exact pay. Goodluck!
So what $12? lol

When I was a Sr TPS three years ago I made a little over $11 an hour at a Super T in a major metro area.

A regular TPS is PG 9.. Sr. TPS is PG 11.
I started @ $9.50/hr as a TPS, then went sr @ $11.75/hr
Ultimately, after six years I was making over $15/hr as a PG 11 Sr.TPS

I'm currently at $12 as a TPS and if (when) I get senior, everyone is telling me it could see another $2.75-$3 raise.
There isn't much of a raise going from senior to APS though.

I'm currently at $12 as a TPS and if (when) I get senior, everyone is telling me it could see another $2.75-$3 raise.
There isn't much of a raise going from senior to APS though.

You're doing really well though. I know of at least one APS that, even if you went $12+3= $15 as a Sr TPS and stayed at $15 when you went to APS, you would be making more than them. Plus APS/floor walking is a lot more fun if your true passion is apprehending shoplifters, trust me :)

Always wondered how they do apps... Like wouldn't most people just split outta there? I doubt you can physically coerce them for legal reasons right?

Neither of my stores have been high risk, and are ETL-AP/TPS stores so I never really see much AP stuff go on. At my last store I did watch our ETL-AP / TPS surround a lady in the vestibule as she was pushing out, and I think they app'd her. Looks like she went willingly though.

Always wondered how they do apps... Like wouldn't most people just split outta there? I doubt you can physically coerce them for legal reasons right?

Neither of my stores have been high risk, and are ETL-AP/TPS stores so I never really see much AP stuff go on. At my last store I did watch our ETL-AP / TPS surround a lady in the vestibule as she was pushing out, and I think they app'd her. Looks like she went willingly though.
Target allows its AP team to go "hands on". If a subject tires to leave, and fight we will cuff them.

Target allows its AP team to go "hands on". If a subject tires to leave, and fight we will cuff them.

So you can wrestle them to the ground? I always thought everyone was supposed to be hands off when they might be violent.

So you can wrestle them to the ground? I always thought everyone was supposed to be hands off when they might be violent.

Hands on doesn't automatically mean wrestling someone to the ground. I've personally done hundreds of apprehensions and I've only once had to go hands on with someone to the point of them getting taken to the ground. And, yes, it was ok. But we had a good explanation for why it happened.

AP has much different rules than other TMs, especially AP TM's who are externally certified (to make apprehensions). But regardless, going hands on is a last resort. You might be surprised to hear this, but 90% of people come willing.

As a general rule of thumb, I always just partnered with law enforcement if I thought the person was going to resist, had a violent history (that I was aware of), or was stealing in large amounts (boosting). As the end of the day, whether you get 'em, another store gets 'em, or the cops catch 'em-- they're caught. No need to jeopardize your/guest's safety to be a "hero."

I've seen plenty of people that wanted to be "heros" get punched/hurt AND the person gets away (never to come back). Needless to say, none of those people ever lasted with the company.

Hands on doesn't automatically mean wrestling someone to the ground. I've personally done hundreds of apprehensions and I've only once had to go hands on with someone to the point of them getting taken to the ground. And, yes, it was ok. But we had a good explanation for why it happened.

AP has much different rules than other TMs, especially AP TM's who are externally certified (to make apprehensions). But regardless, going hands on is a last resort. You might be surprised to hear this, but 90% of people come willing.

Please come back into the building. All I want to do is "Talk" to you in my office.

yeah-sure.png

Please come back into the building. All I want to do is "Talk" to you in my office.

yeah-sure.png
The quote I use is "I'm not calling the police come back" ...Than the police get called anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back