Archived What is the point of being a GSA...really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
after a rough couple of nights, i am thinking about this question and there honestly feels like no point. i get paid $12 and given way too much responsibility so every lead and leader from every department can shit all over me.

please yell at me again about how reshop is not getting sorted when the guest service line is to the door. oh, salesfloor has been up to back up to many times tonight? my bad... i’m the one who only scheduled two cashiers on the saturday ten days before christmas.

on monday or maybe even tomorrow, i’ll like the position again. or who knows. all i know is tonight i really wanted to walk out, but i’ll get up and clock in tomorrow.

I sure loved being a GSA today when I had NO cashiers or guest service scheduled for the entire first hour the store was open and was expected to operate the checklanes, guest service desk, and 2 sets of SCO that are on 2 opposite ends of the store by myself! All while having to finish opening duties and also sort all the reshop at the service desk, clean out the trash from all the registers, zone one spot/push reshop, and somehow be up front at all times to unlock the area where we keep zebras and team members’ checks 😂

I sure loved being a GSA today when I had NO cashiers or guest service scheduled for the entire first hour the store was open and was expected to operate the checklanes, guest service desk, and 2 sets of SCO that are on 2 opposite ends of the store by myself! All while having to finish opening duties and also sort all the reshop at the service desk, clean out the trash from all the registers, zone one spot/push reshop, and somehow be up front at all times to unlock the area where we keep zebras and team members’ checks 😂
That doesn't really have to do with the position being bad, that just sounds like management being stupid with scheduling, which you might need to bring up

That doesn't really have to do with the position being bad, that just sounds like management being stupid with scheduling, which you might need to bring up
Yeah I did turns out they forgot to schedule openers for the first hour for every day this week :( just felt like airing out my grievances honestly but yeah it’s pretty stressful

Yeah I did turns out they forgot to schedule openers for the first hour for every day this week :( just felt like airing out my grievances honestly but yeah it’s pretty stressful
Oh no I'm sure, it sounds awful, and it all falls on you since you're in charge of the front end there. Front end is really tough, because everything is immediate, from guest reactions to how busy it is, to handling everything at a moment's notice. At least when you're working backroom, it's not too rushed, since there are no "immediate" consequences so to speak.

Yeah I sometimes get very frustrated and dream of going back to just being Service Desk. I work more GSTL shifts than one of our actual GSTLs. In a week I do more of her job than her and she still gets paid more than me. But I like being a GSA I enjoy the leadership aspect of it. I just can't let the stress of these weeks distract me from actually enjoying my job.

Yeah I sometimes get very frustrated and dream of going back to just being Service Desk... But I like being a GSA I enjoy the leadership aspect of it. I just can't let the stress of these weeks distract me from actually enjoying my job.
I feel this 1000%. I have a service desk shift coming up after just GSA shifts all Q4 and I am so excited. It’s three shifts away and a long mid, but it’s all I can think about. I miss being happy about being at work. I’m gonna try to go in tonight with an optimistic outlook... wonder how long it will last.

Part of me thinks it’s just the overachiever/ perfectionist in me that was so good at the service desk is now stuck trying to fix messes I can’t fix... the schedule, call outs, etc. and when I can’t I feel like I failed or am just not that good at being a GSA.

I feel this 1000%. I have a service desk shift coming up after just GSA shifts all Q4 and I am so excited. It’s three shifts away and a long mid, but it’s all I can think about. I miss being happy about being at work. I’m gonna try to go in tonight with an optimistic outlook... wonder how long it will last.

Part of me thinks it’s just the overachiever/ perfectionist in me that was so good at the service desk is now stuck trying to fix messes I can’t fix... the schedule, call outs, etc. and when I can’t I feel like I failed or am just not that good at being a GSA.

Yeah the part that bothers me is that all of the LODs have different expectations of the GSAs/GSTLs and I feel like sometimes they just walk by and in a snapshot make a huge judgement on my ability. But everyday I do my best and as long as my team doesn't feel like I let them down then I'll be alright.
And I live for my Guest Services shifts and even sometimes my Order Pickup shifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back