Archived What machines are you certified to use?

What machines are you certified to use?

• Crown

Votes: 39 62.9%
  • Power Jack

Votes: 34 54.8%
  • Wave

Votes: 43 69.4%
  • Cash Register

Votes: 48 77.4%
  • Compactor/Baler

Votes: 47 75.8%
  • Other

Votes: 22 35.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if we have a thread like this but I was wondering what machines you guys are trained on. I'm trained on all Backroom equipment. What about you guys?

I work flow/backroom and am only trained on the compactor/baler. I wouldn't mind being register trained, it would help a bit in electronics.

Nope. We call it the Crown. Every store calls it the crown. Hell, my DM called it hte Crown so it's the crown lol

In theory I know how to use the crown and power jack but haven't touched either one since I started last October. Can sort of use the baler as long as you don't need me to make a bale quickly.

I know more about the registers though my cashier training was 30 minutes with a booklet and some fake cards and lots of backing up.

The crown is the company stacker is the proper terminology.

I want to smack half the people who use the electronic cart mover, smashing in to the cart door. Hello final warning for vandalism.... my cart door has been replaced 4 times in a year period.....

I wish I wasn't register trained... Seems like every time I show up for backup I have to change my password. :rolleyes:

Not certified for anything else but I can easily run all of the powered equipment (in addition to multiple types of forklifts).

Certified (but barely trained) to use the cart pusher. Hence I avoid it like the plague.

stacker, wave, bailer, register, cart pusher, and electric jack. Probably out of date on the cart pusher now though. I ring up probably 20 people a year on register - usually either electronics or a carry out. bailer/wave/stacker use multiple times every day. Use the wave/stacker more than anyone in the store by a lot.

Certified?

None.

Trained?

If you'd call what I've been able to piece together, manuals I've pulled on my own time and brains I've picked "training", then everything.

Know how to operate?

Everything but the cart pusher.

We call our electric pallet jack the stacker and the crown is the thing with the forks that go up to the ceiling.

WAVe, Stacker, electrojack, baler, Crown RC, PE, tilt-tray sorter. Hopefully will be shortly trained on Crown TR, scissor lift, and PR.

We call the stacker the crown, but it doesn't make any sense to call the power jack "the stacker" bc it can't stack anything! That just seems intentionally confusing lol.

Register...never knew you had to be certified.

Cart Pusher...I can't believe I had to get re-trained on the cart pusher at the Super I worked at even thought I had 5 years of being a cart attendant at another store. It consisted of shadowing another CA, then a 5minute overview with the SFT, then a final sign off by my ETL.

Crown...I was never certified but I was constantly asked to use it to pull and stack hanger boxes. Yet the Backroom TL refused to schedule to train any of the cart attendants.

Wave...I was supposed to use it to pull items for electronics. But had no official training on it. So I used the step ladders.

We call the stacker the crown, but it doesn't make any sense to call the power jack "the stacker" bc it can't stack anything! That just seems intentionally confusing lol.
I was confused, too! When I first used it I thought I could separate stacked watermelon bins... sadly, no.

Just the wave :|

I tried using the crown, but just no.
Like anything, it just takes practice. My best tip is to take it slow and keep more attention focused on the bottom forks. Everyone stares up and worries they're gonna pierce the pallet with the top forks, and usually end up smacking the bottom forks into the steel or another pallet.

Just the wave :|

I tried using the crown, but just no.
Like anything, it just takes practice. My best tip is to take it slow and keep more attention focused on the bottom forks. Everyone stares up and worries they're gonna pierce the pallet with the top forks, and usually end up smacking the bottom forks into the steel or another pallet.

Or the wall.... or the doors..... or flats.... or tubs....
Never mind, there's a few things I haven't seen the team destroy with the stacker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back