Archived What should I do in this situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay,

I'm working softlines and I'm at the fitting room...

There's a cart, it looks like reshop. It has some stuff from boys basics but it also has some sporting goods stuff. It has a soda in it. I ask the fitting room/operator who's it is and told me they didn't know...she told me it wasn't a guest cart though. So I took the soda out and put it on the counter (I didn't throw it out but apparently someone else did later)

turns out it was a cart for a TM shopping in softlines...and the TM got mad at me that I put all of their stuff away.

I'm pretty sure it's against store policy to hold stuff for yourself...also it was on stage, so it was an honest mistake that I put it back out, especially after being told it was not a guest cart.

The TM who's cart it was then goes to shop for the merch again (while on the clock). This is also against policy, correct? I do not want to make waves and will not report this person unless the TM says something mean to me or is disrespectful to me. Then, to me, it becomes an issue where I need to defend myself, and I will tell the whole truth. Am I making the right move?

Well you should never hold information or violations of policies if its to use when someone says something mean or hurts you. It is your job as a Team Member to report anyone breaking policies especially if its shopping on the clock and holding merchandise, there may have been clearance in there too. Always be comfortable knowing that doing this is the right thing to do regardless of how others think.

Let your TL know before anything else is said. That way you are on record as to why you put everything back & what she was observed doing. If she doesn't deny it, she'll get a quick lesson in BP.

Well you should never hold information or violations of policies if its to use when someone says something mean or hurts you. It is your job as a Team Member to report anyone breaking policies especially if its shopping on the clock and holding merchandise, there may have been clearance in there too. Always be comfortable knowing that doing this is the right thing to do regardless of how others think.

^^^ yes listen to HRTL
tell your TL or AP & let them take it from there.

Inform AP as well as ETL-HR since it is a violation of policy. AP can view it on the camera to verify the time stamp then HR can pull up her punches, and if she indeed violated policy, then proper action may (not going to say will because I don't know your store and if something like that would slide) be taken. You shouldn't be afraid of backlash from this TM....she should know what she did was wrong, plus if there is backlash, report it to your TL, ETL-HR, AP, and STL.

I found out the offending TM was still talking bad about me after I left. I need to follow the advice from you guys...I need to a) do what's right and b) protect myself from unwarranted criticism

Even if the merchandise was bought on break, it cannot be held on stage, in a cart....so I am going to come forward.

There is also the possibility the TM "shopped" during their break time, and held the merchandise at the fitting room. This is also against policy. The TM then going to get the stuff again while on the clock after I accidentally put away her stuff was shopping on the clock. The items couldn't have been already purchased, nothing was in bags. There was a decent amount of merchandise, no reason to have not gotten a few bags for all the stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back