Archived What should I know about my 90 day review?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brobley

rubberball busted
I assume they'll give me feedback on my performance, areas I could improve, etc.

But will they just tell me, or will they ask me what I think I should improve, and make it a sort of self-evaluation? Should I expect situational questions like the ones in the job interviews? Any tips on what to be prepared for?

Thanks for your insights.

I've heard 90 day reviews are gone/will be going away soon, but in the past:

Leaders completed a review form which rated performance on meeting core roles, embracing team culture, driving positive guest experience, etc. These would follow the typical Target ratings of Inconsistently Effective, Effective, Excellent, and so on. Assuming you didn't get a copy-and-paste review from a lazy individual, each topic would have specific feedback on why you received the rating, what you're doing right, and what you can improve on. If the leader is comfortable with you (and as a leader) they'll actually 'deliver' a review. If they're not, they'll just hide behind the paper and read it word for word.

I received a copy/paste 90 day as a TM (nothing but generic feedback, a considerable amount that didn't apply to me, and even the wrong TM names) and that feeling really stuck with me even after promoting to TL. Since then, I've made reviews meaningful for the TM and use it as a chance to highlight what they've accomplished in 90 days and discuss what to improve on (with realistic expectations). I give them a chance to ask any questions after reviewing each 'topic' with them in case something wasn't clear. Assuming your leader has worked along side and communicated with you over the 90 day period, nothing should come as a surprise in the review.

Employee retention is bad enough in retail. People shouldn't be shot down by lazy reviews.

Basically here how 90 day Reviews work.

Its pretty much just like an annual review, they just tell you if you are a keeper or not. Your ETL or a TL will be assigned to write a review. Basically they look at everything...cashiering scores, red card conversions, attachment scores, attendance (late/called-in/NCNS), backroom scores, any shortages, any CA's, the number of Vibe/Great Team cards you written, then assess your appearance, attitude, work ethic....

But the document or person going over your review will also give you feedback or suggestions.

Some times they will be individually drafted. Or be prepared statements.

Then they will tell you if you are a keeper or not. Unless you just don't put any effort into your work, the store is failing, or seasonal, they pretty much keep everyone.

Last edited:
I assume they'll give me feedback on my performance, areas I could improve, etc.

But will they just tell me, or will they ask me what I think I should improve, and make it a sort of self-evaluation? Should I expect situational questions like the ones in the job interviews? Any tips on what to be prepared for?

Thanks for your insights.

I've heard 90 day reviews are gone/will be going away soon, but in the past:

Leaders completed a review form which rated performance on meeting core roles, embracing team culture, driving positive guest experience, etc. These would follow the typical Target ratings of Inconsistently Effective, Effective, Excellent, and so on. Assuming you didn't get a copy-and-paste review from a lazy individual, each topic would have specific feedback on why you received the rating, what you're doing right, and what you can improve on. If the leader is comfortable with you (and as a leader) they'll actually 'deliver' a review. If they're not, they'll just hide behind the paper and read it word for word.

I received a copy/paste 90 day as a TM (nothing but generic feedback, a considerable amount that didn't apply to me, and even the wrong TM names) and that feeling really stuck with me even after promoting to TL. Since then, I've made reviews meaningful for the TM and use it as a chance to highlight what they've accomplished in 90 days and discuss what to improve on (with realistic expectations). I give them a chance to ask any questions after reviewing each 'topic' with them in case something wasn't clear. Assuming your leader has worked along side and communicated with you over the 90 day period, nothing should come as a surprise in the review.

Employee retention is bad enough in retail. People shouldn't be shot down by lazy reviews.

90 day reviews are no longer at my store. Thought it was a company wide rollout...it's hard telling though. lol

So much more straight forward in Canada apparently! TLs have pre-30, pre-60, and pre-90 day check-in conversations with TMs to see how they're doing. They then rate their performance as either meets or doesn't meet expectations.

The formal 90-day discussion is last and the TM can see their performance evaluation if they request it. They're rated on five categories that are: Be Your Best Self, Healthy Team Culture, Drive Profitable Sales, Attendance/Punctuality, and Safety. The rating system is the same, either meets or doesn't meet expectations.

Be Your Best Self is the expectation that a TM contributes to an FFF culture and actively seeks feedback. Healthy Team Culture is just that, the TM fosters an inclusive culture works well with other TMs. Driving Profitable Sales relates to providing guest service, knowing the store layout, and using all available tools. Attendance/Punctuality is self-explanatory, and Safety of course is maintaining a safe work environment.

The majority of the TMs in Canada who received 90 day reviews were kept on board with the company, because the TMs that sucked (to say not so politely) were performanced out. In Canada they are big on ER/LR and didn't want TMs being let go at 90 days without proper paperwork and "without reason".

I've been with my Target since November, and so far no review.....

90-day review summary for me. TL: yo come to the TL office. TL: Read this paper when u got some time. If you have any questions let me know.
I was asked 2 weeks prior to stay on.

Number of Vibe/Great Team cards... this is hard to do for backroom and some flow team members just because we're stuck in the back for most of the time doing usually individualistic tasks, and I'm not going to write cards just because I led a guest to what they're looking for or to say good job to a team member for doing his or her job

I've got both of you beat, April and no review :cool:

To be fair though, we've changed logistic ETL's twice and TLs three times since then.

Talk is reviews are coming up in April...I hope so...... A raise would be nice

I did end up having my review a while ago, sounds like some of the other quick, informal ones.

TL told me I was doing a great job, checked a quick list of general rules he acknowledged I hadn't violated (don't steal, come in for your shifts, dress code - was a lot like an orientation checklist), then had me sign it and shook my hand. Done.

there is no longer a formal 90-review. We are suppose to sit down with each team member at their 90 days and go over what they do well and what they need to improve on. It's like a 5 minute convo unless the team member has anything to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back