Archived What to expect when transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, i started at the Target up the hill from me at beginning of summer and never thought I would enjoy it as much as I do. Anyways I'm going 4 hours away for college and am in the process of getting to transfer to the store near my college. Its going very slow buts its almost a done deal.

Anyways I was hired as a cart attendent/cashier (RARELY do I use the cart pusher,lol) and the loved my morale so now do 2-3 days harlines and 2-3 days cart attendent. I was wondering what I am to expect when I walk into my new store. Im used to the great TL's and the way things go at my store and am curious to see how the other store will accept me.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 things you'll need to do:

1.) Be anonymous when you post here. If you reveal too much about the location of your store, Spot can figure out who you are through this forum.
2.) Make sure your ETLs and STL like you. Sometimes, your STL's blessing can be the difference between approving and denying a transfer.
3.) Follow up with your HR to make sure they're actually getting you transferred. They deal with hundreds of TMs and forget things very easily.

3 things you'll need to do:

1.) Be anonymous when you post here. If you reveal too much about the location of your store, Spot can figure out who you are through this forum.
2.) Make sure your ETLs and STL like you. Sometimes, your STL's blessing can be the difference between approving and denying a transfer.
3.) Follow up with your HR to make sure they're actually getting you transferred. They deal with hundreds of TMs and forget things very easily.

All true, especially the last one. When I'm in HR, I always write everything down, knowing I'll lose track of things if I don't. Most don't though, and they'll lose track of you. In their world you are just one of 8000 things they have to get done. In mine, that's also true (lol), but I'll remember because I made note of it. It's on my to do list. For many HRTMs/HRTLs/ETL-HRs, it's on their to-forget list. So remind them. All the time. Even if you feel like you're being annoying. Because being annoying beats not having a job.

I really wish you could've just searched for the words "transfer" or "transferring" because we really answer this question twice a week.

*sigh*

I really wish you could've just searched for the words "transfer" or "transferring" because we really answer this question twice a week.

*sigh*

Check any of the threads down below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back