1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

What to Expect with Inventory

Discussion in 'I'm Lost!' started by elementalpi, Mar 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. elementalpi

elementalpi Guest

Hi,

I just looked at my schedule for next week (3/26-4/1) and I have an inventory shift (7pm-11pm), so what should I be expecting?

Thanks!

2. commiecorvus

commiecorvus Former Signing Ninja Moderator

SKU CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. OP
    OP
    elementalpi

elementalpi Guest

I don't even know what that even means...

4. commiecorvus

commiecorvus Former Signing Ninja Moderator

SKU Check is what the crew who do the inventory yells out when they can't identify a product and some poor sucker has to do research on it.
    If you've done a night with Regis it's a bit of a nightmare especially if they've swept the streets for a bunch of druggies to get a crew.
    Don't worry about it.
    You'll probably be part of a team for getting the store neatened up for inventory and won't have to mess with that.

signingminion, RTCry, LUR99 and 5 others like this.
  5. Nokiddiegloves

Nokiddiegloves Team Trainer

Yessss! I worked for another retailer and we used Regis. We always said " bunch of homeless people now have jobs and got paid better than we did.

Almost 90% of them smoke outside. Its horrible.

BackroomAlpha and HRZone like this.
  6. SFSFun

SFSFun Ship from Store: Don't call it Ship To Store!!

If it's 7pm-11pm you'll just be doing inventory prep, which is more than likely just super zoning on the sales floor.

elementalpi likes this.
  7. HardlinesGuy

HardlinesGuy TPS District Trainer

Super zoning the sales floor, if you ever go overnight it'll be location updates and zoning the Backroom.

8. qmosqueen

qmosqueen Perishable Assistant Wizard

Watch for theft call lod they steal anything that is not tied down mio water enhancers small items

Hardlinesmaster likes this.
  9. HRZone

HRZone Executive Team Leader

Out ETL ap checked all their bags when they left last year

10. Kaitii

Kaitii You're gushing all kinds of fluids again

If you're doing backroom prep prepare for a good time zoning wacos and writing numbers on boxes and probably bring headphones if your leadership is ok w/ it

If you're doing salesfloor prep it was nice knowing you

11. anathema

anathema BRTL

I believe they're big into hiring reformed convicts, only people they can really get to do that job.

qmosqueen likes this.
  12. Walmart

Walmart Team Member

Like others have said, your probably super zoning the floor, while the inventory guys finish scanning the backroom. But if for some reason you hear sku check (usually not on file, missing packaging, online only stuff), you want to find the DPCI for that item by either physically looking for the same one or use your mydevice. Now if you cant find that item, look for a similar item with similar price and just give them that DPCI.

13. redeye58

redeye58 Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!

.....said every inventory person ever....

14. LUR99

LUR99 Team Trainer

I did a night with Regis and it was a nightmare. A couple Regis people were "normal" the rest looked like dirty druggies. One lady kept throwing the merchandise to the ground while yelling SKU check. I wanted to punch her lol. One lady laid down in front of the service desk and took a nap. I will gently decline if they ask me this year to be part of the overnight inventory crew.

HRZone and qmosqueen like this.
  15. qmosqueen

qmosqueen Perishable Assistant Wizard

Yogurts all over the dairy cooler floor
    Wtf is wrong with theses people.

16. LUR99

LUR99 Team Trainer

Apparently they like to throw stuff on the ground??

17. CoquiAzul

CoquiAzul Sr. Team Leader

I'm part of the overnight inventory team....

18. Yetive

Yetive Servant of 2 Masters

It's not so bad. Try to be on the Financials table.

19. Doglover89

Doglover89 Team Trainer

What's a financials table? (Side note: Just agreed to my first overnight inventory shift for price change...I'm a backup for pricing and one of our regulars cannot do it, so here I am. Kinda want to know what I'm in for...kinda don't.

20. Yetive

Yetive Servant of 2 Masters

The stuff that won't scan or doesn't have a ticket. You figure it out. Much better than sku checks. May be called something else at your store.