Archived What to Expect with Inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I just looked at my schedule for next week (3/26-4/1) and I have an inventory shift (7pm-11pm), so what should I be expecting?

Thanks!

SKU Check is what the crew who do the inventory yells out when they can't identify a product and some poor sucker has to do research on it.
If you've done a night with Regis it's a bit of a nightmare especially if they've swept the streets for a bunch of druggies to get a crew.
Don't worry about it.
You'll probably be part of a team for getting the store neatened up for inventory and won't have to mess with that.

If you've done a night with Regis it's a bit of a nightmare especially if they've swept the streets for a bunch of druggies to get a crew.

Yessss! I worked for another retailer and we used Regis. We always said " bunch of homeless people now have jobs and got paid better than we did.

Almost 90% of them smoke outside. Its horrible.

If it's 7pm-11pm you'll just be doing inventory prep, which is more than likely just super zoning on the sales floor.

Super zoning the sales floor, if you ever go overnight it'll be location updates and zoning the Backroom.

I don't even know what that even means...

Like others have said, your probably super zoning the floor, while the inventory guys finish scanning the backroom. But if for some reason you hear sku check (usually not on file, missing packaging, online only stuff), you want to find the DPCI for that item by either physically looking for the same one or use your mydevice. Now if you cant find that item, look for a similar item with similar price and just give them that DPCI.

SKU Check is what the crew who do the inventory yells out when they can't identify a product and some poor sucker has to do research on it.
Don't worry about it.
You'll probably be part of a team for getting the store neatened up for inventory and won't have to mess with that.

I did a night with Regis and it was a nightmare. A couple Regis people were "normal" the rest looked like dirty druggies. One lady kept throwing the merchandise to the ground while yelling SKU check. I wanted to punch her lol. One lady laid down in front of the service desk and took a nap. I will gently decline if they ask me this year to be part of the overnight inventory crew.

Yogurts all over the dairy cooler floor
Wtf is wrong with theses people.

It's not so bad. Try to be on the Financials table.

Try to be on the Financials table.

What's a financials table? (Side note: Just agreed to my first overnight inventory shift for price change...I'm a backup for pricing and one of our regulars cannot do it, so here I am. Kinda want to know what I'm in for...kinda don't.

The stuff that won't scan or doesn't have a ticket. You figure it out. Much better than sku checks. May be called something else at your store.

Man if I had heard everything ya'll were saying about overnight I woulda never done it my first time lol Luckily the people we get are actually pretty nice and everything goes smoothly.

I did it last year and we had so few problems it was a complete waste of time. Sure I got paid and the shift differential was nice but until we unloaded our truck I was pretty much just standing there.

I remember I went through every aisle fixing 3x3 signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back