Archived what to put on job application

Status
Not open for further replies.
say if you were terminated? Obviously honesty is key. But would you put on job app you are still employed at job X and when you go on the interview and they ask , say you left there for better oppertunity? Or do you put terminated on job app? Which is better? Sorry if this is random. My friend just needs advice.

What was "your friend" termed for? It's going to be difficult to explain any termination to a future employer, especially if it was for serious offenses like theft, violence, etc., or even if you just had performance/attendance issues and received all the documentation (Coaching >> CCA >> Final >> Term) as that's a long process and gives you plenty of opportunity to improve.

I was terminated from my last job and to be truthful it's better to just be honest about it because they will find out either way. I would rather they hear it from my mouth and allow me a chance to explain the situation than have them call my old job and have them run their mouth. At least then I have a chance. Also on a lot of applications I find these days they have a "may we call this employer?" option which for my old job I always put no because they are really sketchy and I don't trust them. However, I have also heard most companies just want to know if you worked there or not, want a simple yes or no answer, because if they say something out of line in certain states they can actually get in trouble for giving you a bad reference.

My friend was termed for performance issues. No major offenses.

Some options.

Career change.
Reduction in force
Personal reasons that have since been resolved.
Organizational changes and I no longer fit in.
The work was seasonal.

But never make yourself the victim.
Don't make excuses.
When you give an answer stick to it, don't answer beyond it, be calm in the interview and answer without tension.
Never badmouth the previous company (no matter how much you think they suck).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back