What Would Happen If You Flushed Your MyDevice Down The Toilet?

Kind of a trick thread heading...Sorry😁
But my question is what would happen if the system crashed for MyDevice?
I’ve become so dependent on it that I feel lost when I don’t get one.
I know they are truly needed for backstocking and price changes, but what about the other day to day tasks?
Anyone have some pro tips regarding not depending on technology so much?

Kind of a trick thread heading...Sorry😁
But my question is what would happen if the system crashed for MyDevice?
I’ve become so dependent on it that I feel lost when I don’t get one.
I know they are truly needed for backstocking and price changes, but what about the other day to day tasks?
Anyone have some pro tips regarding not depending on technology so much?
Older Price scanners show you locations. Also just use common sense and aisle descriptions.

A typical barcode has 12 digits - 1 leading, 5 group, 5 group, 1 following. The last 5 group is on the shelf label, somewhere left lower. The dpci will be near that. There is a brief description, which more often than not will enable you to narrow down brand and a group of potential items to compare barcode to.

If/when mydevices crash, there's always zoning, strays, pushing freight, cleaning the stockroom, replacing broken fixtures, helping guests, collecting carts, making a bale, setting the line, spider wrapping high value items, etc, etc.

The zebras do sometimes go down, system-wide, and oh no! We have to actually find things just using our eyeballs and common sense.
Seriously, not that many years ago, I almost never got a PDA, one of the pre-zebra devices. Read the pick label, read the DPCI on the shelf tag, figure it out. It helps if you work in one area all the time, like the DBOs do, and have a general idea of what's where storewide. And use the walkie.

The new price scanners (which are often down or don't recognize items) don't show POG locations anymore. Smart!

I don't see why this shouldn't be a universal training tool. Theres alot of people that need to see this.
This info was create by another member who left the forum in 2014. A great spot loss.
Here is the complete posting.
On the pick label, there can be a few "indicators" that dictate what to do with the product. On the label, it will be near the "Ad 08/21" in the example. If there is a "P", it means it needs to be pushed out. If there is an "S", it means stage. "B" means it's backstock...and part of the backrooms metrics is making sure that all product that has a "B" indicator gets backstocked. Otherwise your team is being inefficient and taking stuff out to the floor when they don't have to. If your store is a "Push All" store, this is how you tell the difference between what you need to take to the floor and what stays in the back without scanning everything on the line.

With the change to myPerformance though, it could be that this isn't a key metric anymore. I haven't dived into the backroom metrics with myPerformance.

Typically your NOP product will have some kind of info on the pick label that will give you a bit of insight on what's going on with it. If it's on AD, it could be there will be staged off area on the floor...or it could be that the planogram isn't in the system yet, so there will be a T indicator(Transition) with the date letting you know when it will be set. But if it's NOP or D-Code at this point, been in your store for awhile, and it looks like there will be no space or planogram for it in the foreseeable future...mySupport it, and request a CLR markdown on it.

318718_orig.png

I get the “copper jitters” by even posting on this forum, but I feel so lost at times, and I need to know them”why” behind the things required of me. That why I’m here so much!
As a newbie, would I be out of place to print this out and post it in our stockroom? My ETL would wonder how I found it, but I don’t want to give myself away... on the other hand it could be very useful for our team!

I get the “copper jitters” by even posting on this forum, but I feel so lost at times, and I need to know them”why” behind the things required of me. That why I’m here so much!
As a newbie, would I be out of place to print this out and post it in our stockroom? My ETL would wonder how I found it, but I don’t want to give myself away... on the other hand it could be very useful for our team!
don't print it out.

First rule of Fight Club.... Don't talk about Fight Club

aka Don't give your ETLs any reason to think you post on this website

Do it. The photo at least. "I found it online" is a perfectly acceptable explanation IMO.

Back