What would you do?

Our SD called our fulfillment TL over the radio, channel 1, and ask if she could bring him a glass of ice water. She is always working on the floor and she was obviously in a batch because she ask for backup only 10 minutes before this.

She went and got it for him. Not very happy about being ask to do that.

Later, I was passing by his office after and he was sitting alone. I said “Are you and TLname dating?” He looked shocked and said “ Of course not why would you ask?” I said “I heard you ask her to get you some water so I thought you two might of ran off and got married or something.”

Is this a normal request or to much?

A wacko question like that is inappropriate and none of your damned business. Focus on your mustard and salad dressing, shut your trap and do your job. It's a nutty question and TOO much. Not TO.

Too much. The Fulfillment TL has her own job to do, and running personal errands for the SD is not it. If the SD was supposed to have a personal servant Spot would have coughed up the money and provided him with one. As if.😂😂😂
And for the SD to show the entire store what a lazy asshat he is by broadcasting that over Channel one was beyond stupid, unless he enjoys being the main topic of discussion on the store grapevine.

Too much. The Fulfillment TL has her own job to do, and running personal errands for the SD is not it. If the SD was supposed to have a personal servant Spot would have coughed up the money and provided him with one. As if.😂😂😂
And for the SD to show the entire store what a lazy asshat he is by broadcasting that over Channel one was beyond stupid, unless he enjoys being the main topic of discussion on the store grapevine.
And the guests who heard it?

And the guests who heard it?
Lol are the same guests who the SD refuses to come to GS to help upon request but blurts out "what do they want" over the walkie which has just broadcast this lazy reaction to a guest service opportunity to everyone in line at guest services. Lol. Every. Day. Our leads by example. TL s behave the same way to GS request for assistance with guest...so lame.

1. he shouldn’t have said it - at all, over the walkie, any channel, ever. out of line.
2. You shouldn’t have asked - disrespectful.

Your store seem to allow a very inappropriate and unprofessional comradery that could lead to bad things.

1. he shouldn’t have said it - at all, over the walkie, any channel, ever. out of line.

Your store seem to allow a very inappropriate and unprofessional comradery that could lead to bad things.
I mean, the guy asked for a glass of water, not a massage. A little strange but it depends on the reason and how often it happens. Perhaps he was feeling a bit dehydrated or faint, maybe he was just too lazy.

I agree that the comment from OP to the SD was inappropriate. Unless you have that kind of joking relationship, and even then...

@Tacopie how did the SD respond to your last statement?

I mean, the guy asked for a glass of water, not a massage. A little strange but it depends on the reason and how often it happens. Perhaps he was feeling a bit dehydrated or faint, maybe he was just too lazy.

I agree that the comment from OP to the SD was inappropriate. Unless you have that kind of joking relationship, and even then...

@Tacopie how did the SD respond to your last stat

@Tacopie how did the SD respond to your last statement?
He didn’t say anything. SD is 30 and TL fulfillment is 61 both are already happily married So it was obvious to him I was being sarcastic. He is a self admitted male chauvinist and the f word is his favorite adjective so I doubt he was offended.

He is a self admitted male chauvinist and the f word is his favorite adjective so I doubt he was offended.
Sexism is not tolerated by Target. If I were you, I would mind my own business. If I were the Fulfillment TL I would be documenting to determine if sexism and/or ageism are accepted at the store with an eye toward reporting this behavior if it persists. On the other hand, you have no idea if they had a little side bet going with regard to metrics, call-ins, etc just for fun and the fullfillment tl lost.

He didn’t say anything. SD is 30 and TL fulfillment is 61 both are already happily married So it was obvious to him I was being sarcastic. He is a self admitted male chauvinist and the f word is his favorite adjective so I doubt he was offended.
Ahh. Well that is a weird situation!

You make a lot of assumptions. The age difference is a so-what for a lot of people; many claim to be happily married (and why would they confide in you that they aren't?) and you presume his attitude toward a subordinate overstepping boundaries when he did not respond.

Sexism is not tolerated by Target. If I were you, I would mind my own business. If I were the Fulfillment TL I would be documenting to determine if sexism and/or ageism are accepted at the store with an eye toward reporting this behavior if it persists. On the other hand, you have no idea if they had a little side bet going with regard to metrics, call-ins, etc just for fun and the fullfillment tl lost.
Your ,and any employee around this sd,, definate business IS definately the SD regular f bomb drop. That shouldn't be tolerated even behind closed doors. It s hostile undertones in any conversation.

That’s most Target’s lol.

Back