Archived Whats a new wave cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is 5 years old!
Doesn't mean it isn't still a relevant topic.

We recently got a 3rd wave since our oldest one is constantly breaking and often tries to buck you off like a bull when riding up. Our last ETL LOG loved spending money on shit but even he took a lot of convincing to get us a new one.

There are strict guidelines for getting any new piece of material handling such as wave baler or stacker. First and formost it need to be passed it life expectancy each piece of equipment has a different life expectancy. Wave is 7 years stacker is 8. Second there has to be a detailed history of issues with the piece of equipment. 3rd the costs of repairs must out way the cost of a new one. And lastly the sun has to be at a certain angle in the sky, the temp has to be in a certain range and the people at HQ have to be in a very good mood. Lol

Last edited:
This thread is 5 years old!

Lets all sing along --

Its Resurrection time -- its Resurrection time -- the posts above is so sublime -- cause it's Resurrection time
panic-smiley_zps9711162d.gif

:D:

There are strict guidelines for getting any new piece of material handling such as wave baler or stacker. First and formost it need to be passed it life expectancy each piece of equipment has a different life expectancy. Wave is 7 years stacker is 8. Second there has to be a detailed history of issues with the piece of equipment. 3rd the costs of repairs must out way the cost of a new one. And lastly the sun has to be at a certain angle in the sky, the temp has to be in a certain range and the people at HQ have to be in a very good mood. Lol
Our pmt keeps meticulous records of wav fixes. Even if it's just jiggling the charging cord. Eight years to replace ours. Didn't get a rental for fourth quarter though. Only a month for bts.

Ever see this ?

I wont say where or when - but I will say they still look like this
thumbsup.gif

WAVE-1.jpg

WAVE-2.jpg

WAVE-3.jpg
Your look nice and clean than my wave! My wave at work are badly abused and filthy, PMT keep up replaced few parts and now it have no brake even I turn off key it's keep rolling until slow down.

When the pic's were taken -- they were in my store about an hour -- the next day clean some crap offa them --- the over-night's strike again ! :eek:

Our backroom is absurdly large, even though our store is relatively small in the grand scheme of things.

We have one waves and we get a second one during 4th quarter. The one we got this year was awesome and we thought we were going to get to keep it and send back the other one. But nope, we get stuck with the crap one.

I've gotten caught multiple times all the way up because the wrench just appears. One of these times I'm afraid I won't get it started again and then I'll be screwed because we do not have a tall enough ladder to reach the very top of the waves' limit.

We have one waves and we get a second one during 4th quarter. The one we got this year was awesome and we thought we were going to get to keep it and send back the other one. But nope, we get stuck with the crap one.

I've gotten caught multiple times all the way up because the wrench just appears. One of these times I'm afraid I won't get it started again and then I'll be screwed because we do not have a tall enough ladder to reach the very top of the waves' limit.
You can be lowered by the front control panel or releasing the hydraulic value near the battery.

You can be lowered by the front control panel or releasing the hydraulic value near the battery.
Or climbing down steel ...one of our gals got stuck and was so tight in they couldn't get to the panel...she just climbed down to ladder height.

We had a mysterious new Crown lift appear a week ago in our stockroom... I don't think anyone really knows why it was shipped to us. The thing is a Beast and is scary to use in our tight stockroom, I have yet to see anyone really use it probably out of trepidation..

I look at it and wonder why it couldn't have been a third wave, one for just my fixture room.

When they work..

The one by the battery should always work that's s built in fail safe. Now if it's not your pmt can jump it kinda like hot wiring a car to lower it. But most pmts don't know how to do that and prob wouldn't since there can be severe damage to the controller if done wrong

Our backroom is absurdly large, even though our store is relatively small in the grand scheme of things.
My store is older. In total there are several separate backrooms with other adjoining rooms. Very frustrating when you have a pull with multiple departments that are on other ends of the store for back stock. We only have one functional Wave atm despite needing it in more than one room.

At my store, we have 4 waves, 4 stackers, and 3 electric pallet jacks

At my mid-high volume store, we only have one stacker and one power jack. But our backroom isn't especially large and the remote stockroom for market doesn't have bulk steel.

We do have three WAVes, and borrowed a 4th during Q4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back