What's everyone's PC Situation?

I've had my instocks TM spending days ticketing PC but pricing is so behind that they never get to what is pulled. When they finally catch up, there's 30+ batches we could pull. Plano is too behind to help, either. I would love all of it out of my backroom but I can't spare the 10 vehicles and time pulling all the batches for it to sit around for three weeks, especially when I have a DTL visit soon. I would love a store effort to purge it all out but that's probably unrealistic given no one would want to help.

Welcome to my store!

Usually a day or two behind but sometimes HR will come help them ticket BR towards the end of the week.

Our store seems to be coming clean every day. I just help out every once in a while but we have come clean every time . We have 2 people who do full shifts M-F and then a person who does a 4 hour shift four times a week.

Your backroom takes are of PTMs? Do they just pull the disco and send it out?
Per best practice in stocks shoots them and TLS of the area should be pushing/maintaining them so when it goes clearance it's on the floor- which sells more product, less to ticket. Stores with no PTM process will suffer.

4 people working 32 to 40 hours each week you better come clean. And work all your clearance out of the back. Most teams don't get that many hours. I have 3 team members they work every other Sunday for ad. Get about 28 hours for price..
I work at an ULV and get 80-90 pricing hours for a week, with 8000-9000 Eaches.. I imagine a higher volume would be double.
The issue right now, always has been??, is the POG and pricing hours vary according to sales, but the work doesn't. So this becomes the discussion.

Hey team, we didn't make sales last week, so the schedule has been edited. So instead of using 200 hours for 220 hours of POG, we get cut to 150.

Then we get behind. And that's the tm's fault how??

Manage your business Target executives. Don't send work that you can't support with hours.

Same with pc.

And if there is work left to do ... well guess what executives, you're salaried. Grab a pda or my device and get started.

If I were your PPTL I'd be calling the hotline. There are a handful of work centers that have "fixed" hours... meaning they are NOT dependent on sales - pog and pricing. It actually explains this all in the training video and on work bench. Salesfloor, backroom, cashiers, and flo are not fixed- which makes sense. If you're not making sales you don't need to bodies to recover the floor, your trucks are smaller, and etc. Planos workload stays the same, and if anything, pricing workload would increase if product isn't selling.

If you're a TL you can check where they are overspending hours on my time under the create Wednesday schedule and then typing in a certain week.

Not sure what is going to happen at my store. We lost our 2 main TMs, as they could not seem to follow purchase guidelines. I did not think we would come clean last week, but we did.

they could not seem to follow purchase guidelines.

This is an issue at my store, with pricing folks "setting aside" items to purchase. Also, there is a tm who I caught going thru a cart of clothing items that were already salvaged out before they were taken to the backroom to be placed on the salvage pallet. This person is not a pricing tm, but knows better. Next time I think I'm going to let someone know, even though I don't think its really my problem.

This, along with every single job at Target is one that people think they can do better. Price change can be a bitch. If the zone (ha ha what zone?) sucks, its takes time to find stuff. Marking items while you have guests asking you to scan armfuls of items to see if they are going to be marked down is always fun. Looking for equipment just so you can do your damn job is really exciting. Schedules are made 2 weeks out, do you really think the workload doesn't change? And hour or two on a check lane makes everyday a joy. If the sales floor gets behind because they have been upfront all day, it can be cleaned up by the team at the end of the night. But price change has to just stay late, 2 hours, 3 hours....My price change team are outstanding. They take pride in their job, and their goal is to be #1 in the district every week. They help with guests, they zone as they go and they merchandise clearance like a beast. Like I said if you have never done it, don't complain about them. Just say thank you, they deserve it.

We won't scan items for guests. "I'm sorry, we have a specific order in which we must scan the merchandise."

WE will scan their product if they get something off the rack or table we are working on. Especially if it is a clearance rack to put a new tag on it or to see if it is salvage. It really is no big deal to do that.

Also as tellme says trying to get equipment is a special kind of hell. We are an overnight store and they do not give anything up that easily. And our pricing team does not go up for cashier backup.

Per best practice in stocks shoots them and TLS of the area should be pushing/maintaining them so when it goes clearance it's on the floor- which sells more product, less to ticket. Stores with no PTM process will suffer.

I work at an ULV and get 80-90 pricing hours for a week, with 8000-9000 Eaches.. I imagine a higher volume would be double.

If I were your PPTL I'd be calling the hotline. There are a handful of work centers that have "fixed" hours... meaning they are NOT dependent on sales - pog and pricing. It actually explains this all in the training video and on work bench. Salesfloor, backroom, cashiers, and flo are not fixed- which makes sense. If you're not making sales you don't need to bodies to recover the floor, your trucks are smaller, and etc. Planos workload stays the same, and if anything, pricing workload would increase if product isn't selling.

If you're a TL you can check where they are overspending hours on my time under the create Wednesday schedule and then typing in a certain week.
Correct price and plano are workload base. You get your hours according to workload.

WE will scan their product if they get something off the rack or table we are working on. Especially if it is a clearance rack to put a new tag on it or to see if it is salvage. It really is no big deal to do that.

Also as tellme says trying to get equipment is a special kind of hell. We are an overnight store and they do not give anything up that easily. And our pricing team does not go up for cashier backup.
I've got super stalky types at our store. We don't scan anything that's brought to us. We might offer to scan something for a guest because they are nice or grabbed all dozen widgets and we're sure it's going down again.

We're expected to stay late to finish the load, no matter what. Some days I've literally worked 8am to 7pm-ish to finish and I am only a price accuracy backup. This week was interesting for us. We have two main price change tms, 40 hours a week each. Each had a couple planned days off, so myself and another backup pricing tm were working most days. We actually managed to stay on top of things pretty well. Our main issue is the immense amount of clearance in the backroom.
We are current on our pricing.

Back