Archived what's the starting pay for an etl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think ETL-Log is on the higher end of the spectrum. Depends on a lot though, seems to me that it would also be one of the toughest. I know the Logistics TL takes a beating at my store.

Varies by the market and experience. I do know my district used to make pretty much every new ETL start in logistics (overnight) and do their 18 months to earn their place so to speak. Our DTL felt if they could make it through that they could do anything.

Our tel log always seemed miserable and overworked (frankly...he seems ti be the only etl that could be described as such...the rest seemed almost useless unles there was an omgvisit approaching. Oh- except for etl ge, who alternates between hysteria levels of mock friendliness and frightening displays of thinly veiled rage..(I feared her and her crazy eyes.) the etl hr just sloooowly walked around (if she left her office) and looked upset or disinterested...but didn't really talk to anyone....or seemingly do anything...I don't think the hours or buy in that target expects would be worth any salary...but etl hr or ap seem to be where its at...the rest appear grueling.

Our tel log always seemed miserable and overworked (frankly...he seems ti be the only etl that could be described as such...the rest seemed almost useless unles there was an omgvisit approaching. Oh- except for etl ge, who alternates between hysteria levels of mock friendliness and frightening displays of thinly veiled rage..(I feared her and her crazy eyes.) the etl hr just sloooowly walked around (if she left her office) and looked upset or disinterested...but didn't really talk to anyone....or seemingly do anything...I don't think the hours or buy in that target expects would be worth any salary...but etl hr or ap seem to be where its at...the rest appear grueling.

ETL-AP isn't where it's at. AP is always the first to get cut

Fresh out of college - $42K-50K. Logs $57K-80K. As a Log - don't take less than $65K. Anything less and they got a deal. $70K for overnight high volume.

hugh / wizard, how does the pay debate go down. Currently I accepted a role to start in June and have expressed interest in LOG, which I know that does not mean I will get it, but if I do how would I go about getting a more reasonable salary? I was offered low 50's.

Yeah but it seems like a decent gig while you have it? Comparatively...retail management is a hard and horrible job. Big box retail is the worst. As an adult I can not imagine what it would take for me to be willing to work as an assistant manager at target (etl) many years ago I managed a few different mall stores which had smaller scale unpleasantriesband lower salaries..but just watching the poor schlubs at target get worn down to nothing made me realize how shitty they have it .

hugh / wizard, how does the pay debate go down. Currently I accepted a role to start in June and have expressed interest in LOG, which I know that does not mean I will get it, but if I do how would I go about getting a more reasonable salary? I was offered low 50's.

If you are anything other then LOG then its between 45k to 50k. If you are LOG then you should push for MIN that 55 to 57k mark. You will work harder then most other ETL's and your hours suck, which in turn will hurt your personal life. Therefore you best be making that moneyyyy

Northwest Market starts roughly at 40k I believe. But then experience, position, and ability to negotiate will change that up considerably.

Fresh out of college - $42K-50K. Logs $57K-80K. As a Log - don't take less than $65K. Anything less and they got a deal. $70K for overnight high volume.

Your position does not matter. It is you (an ETL) who is getting paid, not the position itself. Most ETLs start at PG9 (42-55K depending on COL), and then move up to PG11 (a few thousand raise), and PG13 (where most of the money is at getting you closer to the 60K-70K range). You can be ANY position, its your PG and raises that make the difference. The only reason LOGs get paid more is if they are in a 4AM or O/N store, and then they get an extra grand a quarter for the loss of sleep.

Your position does not matter. It is you (an ETL) who is getting paid, not the position itself. Most ETLs start at PG9 (42-55K depending on COL), and then move up to PG11 (a few thousand raise), and PG13 (where most of the money is at getting you closer to the 60K-70K range). You can be ANY position, its your PG and raises that make the difference. The only reason LOGs get paid more is if they are in a 4AM or O/N store, and then they get an extra grand a quarter for the loss of sleep.
This is accurate. But my post is also accurate. Fresh out of college punks are PG 9. Most don't see much past $50K but some do. ETL-GE, HL, SL, and AP are usually first rotation positions. Unless you're the best thing since sliced bread, you'll need two 18 month rotations before STL consideration.

Sr. Merchants, Logs, OPs and HR are naturally higher pay grades, especially at higher volume stores. We typically have ETLs that report to us (HL and SL report to merchant, Replen reports to Log) and HR handles more than just store related routines. These start at PG11 or PG13 depending on experience.

ETL-RX is not an ETL in the same sense. They are a pharmacist and you need that credential to be it. They make average pharmacist pay ($100K+).

COL and experience factor into pay. If you are a LOG at a 6am or later process or Ultra Low Volume, you should ask $55-58k minimum because you'll pull LOD shifts and still manage the entire Logistics process (60% of store score).

Myself and several other Logs started at $65-$70K. All AA or higher volume stores - overnight processes - all have leadership experience ( prior retail, MBAs, or military). Most Logs and HR with experience were PG13.

@AllThingsTarget101 - you'll have to know what the store volume is and what process they have ( overnight vs early morning). Talk with whoever made the offer and tell them what you'd like for LOG. Take what they offered you and figure out what the hourly rate is for working 50 hrs and then 60 hrs. This will give you an idea of where you stand compared to a TL. For example,Before tax 58K at 50 hrs a week is $22.30 an hour and at 60 hours a week it's $18.59 an hour. 58K at 40 hours a week, weekends and nights off, is $27.88. Figure out what you're worth an hour and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back