Archived What's your biggest screw-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2006, before my former store first opened (between planorama and grand opening), I was stocking frozen food when I realized my shift was about to end. I still had cardboard and trash to throw away. So I did that and put whatever push I had had left back in the cooler. When I came back two days later. My TL told me some idiot had put frozen food in the cooler and not the freezer....whoops. They never found out who it was and I never confessed. At that point, I had just started started and didn't want to get fired my first month in.

Left the bag with the bills from the change drawer out overnight. :oops:

Got outted at my store talking about someone on here. :(

Running my mouth way too much. I learned too late to just shut up and smile. It got easier when I did that....but it was a great lesson learned for my current position!

I don't know if it's a screw up but, one time I got caught doing sports in the backroom in a narrow aisle. A bike helmet dropped from the other side of the bin and I couldn't climb over the bin to get to the other side. Instead of radioing for help or waiting for someone to come by, I pushed hard and ran over the helmet pretty much destroying it lol.

Breaking the softlines "gun" thingy when putting price point labels on our open furniture display. I just returned it to the FR, without saying anything. I still feel guilty.

In 2006, before my former store first opened (between planorama and grand opening), I was stocking frozen food when I realized my shift was about to end. I still had cardboard and trash to throw away. So I did that and put whatever push I had had left back in the cooler. When I came back two days later. My TL told me some idiot had put frozen food in the cooler and not the freezer....whoops. They never found out who it was and I never confessed. At that point, I had just started started and didn't want to get fired my first month in.

We had a lady do this at my store. It was in her first couple of weeks and she was kind of useless half the time, but despite my ETL being super irked when it happened I don't think the TM was ever even talked to about it. :rolleyes: That's one thing about Target (my store, at least)...if a TM isn't there when a mistake is discovered there's a good chance it'll never be brought up again, just because so much goes on during/between shifts.

Nearly a week after my original incident and I can't fathom why I was so freaked when it first happened. Our maintenance guy still hasn't fixed it and no one in leadership has said a word, so I guess it's not as bad as I thought it was. My fellow BRTMs gave me a bit of grief for a day or two, but that actually just made me feel better because I know they wouldn't have been joking about it had it actually been a big deal. Plus I got to hear some of their horror stories...some of which definitely put mine to shame!

I know a guy who took a corner too hard while pulling a Pfresh juice heavy pallet. The tall pallet fell over took out part of an aisle plus made a huge mess for the next couple hours. Worst I've done is I was told to do planograms which I didn't know what they were or what was going on just handed the plano, stumbled though it, found out i set it wrong later while talking to people. Fixed it later that week, didn't know there was a reverse and standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back