Archived When does an in-stocks scan count?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is acceptable to do RSCH in stand alone and obviously you will get a drastic count report if you do not confirm. It is actullay best practice to do RSCH in stand alone if the numbers don't drop for the task list. My advise is this: when it comes to the drastic count report, if you are not sure of a high dollar item's OH due to unpushed freight, backstock, zone whatever...enter the OH (to get it off the report) and keep an eye on that item. I wait 5 days on items I am unsure on. If the OH is the same by then I adjust it. You have 6 days before the item falls off the report and is counted as not worked. I exf areas I get hits on if it is a recently set planogram. I have yet to screw up accumulator.

you should talk to your ptl

they should be shooting exf's and research on areas they recently set

would solve alot of your problems and save you some time of having to figure out what's going on in certain areas, you also can't be everywhere in the store on any given day to fix problems that they should have taken care of.

It is acceptable to do RSCH in stand alone and obviously you will get a drastic count report if you do not confirm. It is actullay best practice to do RSCH in stand alone if the numbers don't drop for the task list. My advise is this: when it comes to the drastic count report, if you are not sure of a high dollar item's OH due to unpushed freight, backstock, zone whatever...enter the OH (to get it off the report) and keep an eye on that item. I wait 5 days on items I am unsure on. If the OH is the same by then I adjust it. You have 6 days before the item falls off the report and is counted as not worked. I exf areas I get hits on if it is a recently set planogram. I have yet to screw up accumulator.

you should talk to your ptl

they should be shooting exf's and research on areas they recently set

would solve alot of your problems and save you some time of having to figure out what's going on in certain areas, you also can't be everywhere in the store on any given day to fix problems that they should have taken care of.

They do exf's most of the time, occasionally things are missed. We went from crazy 4th quartetr to no hours. It doesn't ake me any more time to shoot an exf than it does to RSCH so I will do it 1x for a newly set area. I do communicate it to my Instocks team lead so he knows why the exf is in the gun and that it should be batched with the RSCH pulls.

When you are doing Stand Alone Research, there are no filters in place. In other words, you could be zeroing out something that just came in on the truck, or somehting that just came out on an autofill. There are filters in place when you use the task list that prevent this from happening.
With the filters in place you could go behind someone who just pushed an area and reaserch it without it being backstocked first. The filters take into account that it was just brought into the building, and the counts won't take. (if somone sent something to backstock without properly pushing it)

I appreciate that you can differentiate between being the middle man in a broken store and willfully manipulating numbers for personal gain. I posted a few times last year when I was a CTL in a worse situation which reflected how frustrated I was with bad leadership and the personal conflict it caused. I am prior service and I hate this environment but the other option is to be performanced out which is not an option until I find another job.

If I hit above 8%, I will be get a PDD. That's been verbally communicated to me. So I try to watch the numbers and hit as close as I can to 7% by the end of each week.

Thanks for the unique perspective and I completely agree about the test program results. This is the third year we have been doing this so I hope someone higher will see the inconsistencies and deep dive into our store before this goes to the next step.

Yep now that you have clarified your store, I can see why your results are so disturbing to others on this forum! I truthfully feel bad for anyone in this situation and hope things improve for your store! I was in a store like this a while ago, and the STL was beginning to get performanced out and left for another job (came into the store, called the DTL, and told the store today was his last day)... But he did so much damage when he was the STL we were still cleaning up the mess! Bad BTS results and terrible culture, poor performing TLs took up about 80% of the TL staff which resulted in terrible results in almost every area... The only thing the store had going for it was sales/payroll (which he honestly didn't have much to do with)... I heard of people cheating numbers all the time from his direction to try and increase his DTK scores before he left... That is why its such a hot button for me!

But I understand your position... just keep hope that eventually someone will figure out the stupid things your leadership team is doing and they will leave and they will send someone who is HIPO to come fix it for you! That is when you will get a chance to fix it all!

If I hit above 8%, I will be get a PDD. That's been verbally communicated to me. So I try to watch the numbers and hit as close as I can to 7% by the end of each week.
This doesn't really make sense, since if you guys are scanning the store and 8% or more is in the backroom, it's not really your fault. It's the FLOW process not stocking correctly, the zone being really bad, or CAF pushers not pushing correctly that's causing the high numbers. You can't really control that, and you having high numbers should put more pressure on them to fix those issues. Not cause you to not do your job to avoid them getting fixed.

This is the frustrating part of this store. When one does something as close to BP as possible, it pressures other work centers to answer for why their scores or areas are turning red. The end result from the ETLs and STL has always been "partner with your peers to get it green again." But I can only be nice so much before I need some non-exempt back-up with another lazy peer. It's not an "inspiring others" or "managing execution" problem, but an ETLs don't want to admit or address any problems as that would be taking responsibility. I agree, it's frustrating to be forced to do the wrong thing to achieve an inaccurate green score, but the nail that sticks up gets hammered.

The test program for our store is called Perpetual Inventory Tool if case anyone else has looked on their Store Fact Sheet. It falls under a "Low Volume Strategy Comm?"

This may help answer some of the other threads floating around this site; Under Store Test/Pilot Awareness - Projects and Store Count by Group, it breaks down the various Projects by name, description, and contact info. For example, I think I read some threads on the use of counterfeit detection pens and fixture freezer zoning test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back