Archived When to Use Audit app and EXF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I'm a new beauty TM and am a bit confused.
How do I determine if I need to use the audit app or EXF?

There are many reasons to use both. EXF will fill the floor. Audit affects on hands and SHOULD help fill the floor. One of the differences is that EXF will create a batch to pull, audit will not.

There are many reasons to use both. EXF will fill the floor. Audit affects on hands and SHOULD help fill the floor. One of the differences is that EXF will create a batch to pull, audit will not.
Wrong audit will create a batch to pull. When you scan in the audit not only you fix the count but also creates an oos ( out of stock ) batch Formally knowing as research batch , also is going to order stuff that you have been out of if you don’t have locations in the back .Audit is basically research with a fancier name. As for exf you scan outs but if there is nothing in the back it will be no batch.

Last edited:
Basically use EXF if there is product in the back and you are going to go pull to batch after you make it. Otherwise if you’re just trying to correct counts to account for errors/loss then use audit because it will both correct the counts (if you’re dc then needs to send you more product) and add items to the oos batch so it will be pulled.

Sort of related question. I’m a GSTM, but once in a blue moon I’ll do reshop if there’s a lot and not enough SFTMs. If I happen to come across a random item here or there whose on floor counts are wrong, should I audit? Or should I leave that to SFTMs? I want to make sure counts are accurate but also don’t want to screw someone else up.

Or like sometimes I’ll go to buy something and it says we have 2 on the floor and then I go there and there’s none. A few months ago it said we had 200 Michelle Obama books. We had 0, and weren’t getting any bc it thought we had 200.

Sort of related question. I’m a GSTM, but once in a blue moon I’ll do reshop if there’s a lot and not enough SFTMs. If I happen to come across a random item here or there whose on floor counts are wrong, should I audit? Or should I leave that to SFTMs? I want to make sure counts are accurate but also don’t want to screw someone else up.

Or like sometimes I’ll go to buy something and it says we have 2 on the floor and then I go there and there’s none. A few months ago it said we had 200 Michelle Obama books. We had 0, and weren’t getting any bc it thought we had 200.
Please do an audit. One less Gs question for you about it.

We had a backroom tm that was told to audit. He used an old school PDA and started deleting locations everywhere for an entire 8 hour shift. I guess he didn't like to audit. Termed the next morning.

We had a backroom tm that was told to audit. He used an old school PDA and started deleting locations everywhere for an entire 8 hour shift. I guess he didn't like to audit. Termed the next morning.
That was poor communication . Because my backroom team doesn’t do audits so I can see how he understood to delete areas. They just changed the backroom quantity audit in the zebra this week.

If your store has freight everywhere needing pushed or backstocked or your stockroom integrity is terrible, don’t use audit. Messing up counts makes things worse. We had hundreds and hundreds of fidgets in toys because they kept auditing instead of looking for the hundreds unlocated in the backroom.

My advice is to use audit most often, but only use exf if you know there is a lot of unpushed truck or unbackstocked merchandise in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back