Archived Where are the SFT's at??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see anything from the sft's on here? Is there a reason for that? I am an SFT but just don't see much. That is all

We have a few SFT's who were regular posters.
One is on LOA but the others drop in now and then.

Last edited:
Im surprised their are so few SFT's on here.

I am as well.. I thought maybe there would be more but I guess I was wrong. haha.. Maybe they will start coming now that others are posting on here

I am one hoping to get into an SFT role. It seems as though an SFT has to suffer from a random act of self combustion in order for there to be an opening however.

I am one hoping to get into an SFT role. It seems as though an SFT has to suffer from a random act of self combustion in order for there to be an opening however.

SFT position is very far and few to come by but they do come available at times. Keep in touch with the DFM when he visits and let him/her know your interested in such a position and how to be put on the "bench" Good luck!

SFT position is very far and few to come by but they do come available at times. Keep in touch with the DFM when he visits and let him/her know your interested in such a position and how to be put on the "bench" Good luck!

I have been in contact with our DFM. It is an intriguing position, and one that I feel our current SFT takes to lightly. They always do bare minimum at our store... Thanks for the advice however. I am finding a lot of good information on this site.

Yeah, not a lot of turnover in the SFT/FM world............the job can get pretty old and stale at times, but overall the good outweighs the bad.

I have been in contact with our DFM. It is an intriguing position, and one that I feel our current SFT takes to lightly. They always do bare minimum at our store... Thanks for the advice however. I am finding a lot of good information on this site.

That is true that some sfts to do just the bare minimum in this position, sad but true.... good luck though and glad that the site has been of some help. Hopefully we can keep this thread going for other sfts to chime in every now and then with input as well..

Yeah, not a lot of turnover in the SFT/FM world............the job can get pretty old and stale at times, but overall the good outweighs the bad.

I agree, sometimes the work load as well as paper work alone can be quite overwhelming but it is definitely worth it and the turnover in the sft area is not very high which in turn should be a good thing when you look at it that way.

Our SFT is split between our store & a nearby store so we only see him every other day.
The joke is that things aren't allowed to break down on M-W-Sa when he's not here.

Very true. I am always for the positions with a low turnover rate. Gives hope of happiness in the ever changing corporate retail market.

Our SFT is split between our store & a nearby store so we only see him every other day.
The joke is that things aren't allowed to break down on M-W-Sa when he's not here.

haha, i have been in the same situation covering 2 stores is a tough one sometimes. I go to other stores on a regular basis to help out so I know how that goes. I tell my team the same thing haha

Very true. I am always for the positions with a low turnover rate. Gives hope of happiness in the ever changing corporate retail market.

I agree!!

Sft did have a big change, 2 years ago. Many folks lost their jobs.

I remember this happening as well when the big changes came through a lot of people were done a short time after that regardless of it being their choice or the companies a lot have gone .

Referring to when all the Building Services Tech positions were eliminated? That was at least 4 or 5 years ago If I remember correctly...

Referring to when all the Building Services Tech positions were eliminated? That was at least 4 or 5 years ago If I remember correctly...

Yes at least 4 years ago. That is the way Target is as a company though... everything is always changing everyday something new is being implemented or going a new direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back