Archived Where do you get your Target apparel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I started, I got my shirts and pants from walmart (I don't wear khakis in my everyday life, so I didn't have any). I rarely go to walmart, but I got 2 pairs of pants and 3 shirts for $30.

Now, I get a lot from target.. merona's ultimate T comes in long and short sleeve crew and v neck.
I also like the men's t-shirts, and in the fall, I got one of the men's mossimo thermals and a mossimo hoodie.

A red hoodie or fleece is a good option because if you're short on red tops, you can just wear any top under it.

Currently, I'm wearing a couple of khaki skirts that I made myself, and my red shirts have come from Target, JCP, and Maurice's. I think I also have a few shirts from Wet Seal and Kmart. I also bought the Merona essential cardigan in red twice so far, and I have a women's Merona hoodie in red (though I never wear it because I've begun wearing skirts exclusively at work and hoodies don't look good with skirts)/

I have a maroon shirt from target, red shirt from wet seal and red vneck from jcpenny. 2 pairs of khakis from Hollister and 1 pair of khakis from kohls. I need more !!

Target are you listening???? Everyone is buying their khakis somewhere else. When we had Cherokee khakis everyone would buy them for work. Now all of that money is going to Kohls and Walmart. The very few khakis we sell are crap. They fit lousy. They do not last. Red shirts are few and far between. In my store alone there are 250 team members who are buying red and khaki somewhere else. Get some quality, durable stuff IN the store that we can buy.

^THIS!!!
I used to buy Cherokee for women until they dropped the line. The khakis were AWESOME!
Then they went to Merona which didn't hold up as well (pockets were ill-placed & too shallow). The current ones are too expensive, fit like crap & too dressy for working the areas I do (degreaser notwithstanding).

Also I found a stash of about 300 forgotten Great Team cards from 2008-09. Think those are still worth something nowadays? :fool:

I'm normally very anti-packrat, but I kept all my GTC's as well from beginning to end :) For nostalgic purposes haha. I could probably get rid of them...

I get a good chunk of my khaki from Goodwill. Find one in a nicer part of town, especially if you're female. People who have too much money spend a lot on clothes & dump a lot of nice things at goodwill.

The St. Vinny's near me has clothing for $1 apiece on Sundays, so I've grabbed 2 from there. I'm hoping at some point they have an AWESOME red blazer, because I'd totally rock that

I get a good chunk of my khaki from Goodwill. Find one in a nicer part of town, especially if you're female. People who have too much money spend a lot on clothes & dump a lot of nice things at goodwill.

Goodwill actually has Target bullseye red shirts from time to time. ;)

Yes I have found Target shirts at Goodwill myself! Sometimes they are the right size sometimes they aren't lol. I get all of my Khaki's at goodwill I hate spending alot of money on Khaki's I know I'll slop up on the Sales Floor lol.

Man, the amount of clothes I went through in 5 years. So many khakis. Although I do still have the shirt I wore on my first day; it was a large and I fit small.

Do not spend a lot of money on your work clothes, especially shirts. If you're a cashier, you're going to ruin them by rubbing up against the bagging area. It will make a cluster of little holes across the bottom part of your shirt. Buy the cheapest red shirts you can find.

I've bought a couple things from Target, but I got my khakis from Walmart and Old Navy (on sale). If you spend a lot of money on clothes that you're only going to wear for work, it's like wasting your paycheck.

I went out shopping back in August for Khakis and Polos at a mall containing Sears, JC Penny and Kohl's. I can't remember which store I purchased what from, but I went back and forth between them and settled on 2 pairs of Docker's (non wrinkle people!) and Arrow brand polos. Both were on sale and I think I paid a total of around 110$ for 4 shirts and 2 pairs of pants. I plan to pick up a third when I can, I would have then, but they didn't have my size available at the two malls nearby.

I get a lot of compliments on my shirts at work, so definitely look into the Arrow Polos. I also got one Target shirt as a prize for my first red card.

Depending on your store, hoodies can be frowned upon. My last store wanted all salesfloor and front TMs to where dress or polo shirts, and simple khakis (no cargos). FoodAve, Carts, and backroom could get away with T-shirts.

Just get the cheapest shirts. Go to Goodwill, TJ Maxx, Ross's, or go with your own store's stuff.

They can't really enforce that though for real. Dress code in TM Handbook just says red shirt, solid color pants. Frown all they want, if your hoodie is red, you're within the guidelines.

Depending on your store, hoodies can be frowned upon. My last store wanted all salesfloor and front TMs to where dress or polo shirts, and simple khakis (no cargos). FoodAve, Carts, and backroom could get away with T-shirts.

Just get the cheapest shirts. Go to Goodwill, TJ Maxx, Ross's, or go with your own store's stuff.

They can't really enforce that though for real. Dress code in TM Handbook just says red shirt, solid color pants. Frown all they want, if your hoodie is red, you're within the guidelines.

Like he said, depends on the store because it depends on the state.
Yes, the handbook is purposely vague because some state laws don't allow them to require the red and khaki but if you like in some states that are totally worker unfriendly they can get away with much more.
Not saying you can't challenge the power but you're going to find them crushing you some other way.

It was a large and I fit small.

It will shrink in the dryer ;)
That's gonna be a whole lotta shrink....

It's hard to do. It is. But it sure is possible.

If you let a shirt soak for 30 minutes in Boiling Water (be super duper careful) and wring it out (after it cools down) and throw it in the dryer, it will shrink. Esp if one uses the "Speed Dry Cycle" which is probably the hottest it can go.

I've shrunk Large t-shirts down to small, before. Although, I honestly wonder if the time spent doing so was worth it... but that's beside the point. It can be done though ;)

Last edited:
If your a leader and a male I'd say get your polos from C9, JcPenney, or Kohls....if you're a leader and a female I'd say JcPenney again, hollister has really nice shirts, and so does express if you're really trying to dress up every now and then. I get all of my khakis from American Eagle because they last a long time and they have nice khakis for women there also.

I buy the Merona basic shirts. The boat neck one is one of my favorites because it's so flattering. I did go to old Navy for the pants one time but their quality was really shitty. I ended up getting some of those Mossimo Supply khakis instead. Those are actually pretty comfortable and they fit nicely too, even though pants are always annoying with my body type. These ones were neither too long nor too tight which is rare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back