Archived Where is the ambient room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evh16

GSA
I needed a white label printer for guest service today, and they told me to look for extras in the ambient room. Where the hell is it? I've worked at target for a while and this is the first I'm hearing of it.

It's near the freezers and coolers for market. Usually has two swing-open doors with windows. A bit colder than the backroom but not like the regular coolers and freezers. We store bananas, nuts, onions, etc in ours along with a scale and a sink.

Haha. I worked at food ave and I didn't learn where the ambient room was until maybe 6 or 7 months in, and I didn't realize there were TWO, not one coolers in there, until I started as a PA a year later!!! Blew my mind, haha!

That room is used by pfresh for scaling of meat. Has bananas there too. Most health depts accepted that name too during inspection.

At my store, we have multiple stockrooms. We have a split backroom (one side is light-duty and the other side is bulk and receiving) and a smaller stockroom in the front near P-Fresh. All of dry market (except vendor products) is in the front stockroom, along with the freezer and the dairy cooler. The meat cooler, produce cooler, and ambient room are on the bulk side of the backroom.

Like STLinMaking said, every store is different.

Mine is in the basement.

:senile:

The Ambient room is a private sanctum hidden from the average red and khaki layman. It is a calm place to rest, kick up your feet, and maybe eat a few bananas. I've also contacted several local fast food places, and they know to use the back entrance of the store to make deliveries straight to the ambient room. Don't spoil the secret. It's the only good part of working PFresh. I kid.

The Ambient room is a private sanctum hidden from the average red and khaki layman. It is a calm place to rest, kick up your feet, and maybe eat a few bananas. I've also contacted several local fast food places, and they know to use the back entrance of the store to make deliveries straight to the ambient room. Don't spoil the secret. It's the only good part of working PFresh. I kid.

Except that there's a camera in there cos of the markdown stickers in safe. Can't kick back if your ETL-AP literally keeps track of every TMs coming and goings, gets them termed for coming in 2 mins past a 15

Except that there's a camera in there cos of the markdown stickers in safe. Can't kick back if your ETL-AP literally keeps track of every TMs coming and goings, gets them termed for coming in 2 mins past a 15

We keep our markdown stickers in the mantrap.

Our ambient room doesn't have cameras.

:music2:

Our lockbox resides on a cart in pFresh. :p not really supposed to be there but it's so dang heavy. And it's locked up so its not like anyone can get at the coupons.

In a safe? We keep ours unlocked in the cabinet under the scale!

We have some extras down there too, but you're not supposed to because those coupons are like cash; as far as I know they'll always scan at the register regardless of items bought.

Speaking of, what is BP for accounting for those at the registers? When I cashiered I always removed them if I could; otherwise I'd black then out with a pen. No one else seems to do this, though. I probably have gotten 15$ worth of unmarked meat coupons taken home when I bought marked down meat. What's to keep me from peeling them off and reusing them on different meat? It's not like the cashiers are checking the dates on the meat packages when they ring.

I don't think there is anything specific for that now that they're one piece. When they were two piece they were supposed to be taken off of course. Same was the 50% off stickers from back in the garden center days! When I was in PFresh I used to catch people switching the coupons from one item to another sometimes.

Latest BP, afaik, is to not take them off the meat.

We don't have a Melatonin room.
The Abilify room, however, is something out of "Alice in Wonderland"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back