Who do I talk to about a wrong price at my store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wouldn't you just pull the sign down? Or when you are guest advocate and have to fix the price for the guest, use the wrong sign/price or whatever button it is in the register as your reason for changing the price?

Maybe this is an example of ASANTS.

At my store a lot of team members, like GM pushers, are not encouraged to be "proactive" on tasks like price corrections. If it's something that means you're going to stop pushing your U-boat, there are leaders who are going to want you to tell them so that you can get right back to pushing that U-boat.

Maybe this is an example of ASANTS.

At my store a lot of team members, like GM pushers, are not encouraged to be "proactive" on tasks like price corrections. If it's something that means you're going to stop pushing your U-boat, there are leaders who are going to want you to tell them so that you can get right back to pushing that U-boat.

Damn, that's crazy. GM's job isn't just to push. It's also to fix things as they go along. If I see a price error, I'm definitely going to go grab a printer, if I don't have one already which I normally do, and fix the issue. Definitely, ASANTS, I guess. My store isn't fixiated on how long it takes me to do things. As long as all of my shit is done by the time I leave, it's all good.

Checkout out advocates can’t just leave the check lanes to fix a price issue.

No one expects you to. If you make it right for the guest, it creates a guest price challenge task for salesfloor TMs to fix. Be aware, however, this is also how many GAs get caught "making it right for the guest" supposedly. Caught a former GATM discounting up to 90% off for "guests" on small appliances. AP was able to figure out who rather quickly when the info was passed onto them.

On a lighter note, if you come across something that you think needs immediate attention, just call it out on the walkie to a TM in the area.

Guest advocates can’t always just fix things. We can’t leave the front to go fix a price issue.

If you have time enough to be on the sales floor, you could have the time to fix it. I was doing the price audits and found that the cost of something had gone up by $6. The ETL of that area was walking by so she showed me how to fix it, so I did. I'm not sure I can remember it though LOL. She had me print it off a printer in the back. It seems like a lot of work for one or two labels. I wish I could have printed it off a hip printer. Other times I have found pricing errors, I would just turn the shelf label around. It might not be the right thing to do and sometimes you can't actually do that.

If you have time enough to be on the sales floor, you could have the time to fix it. I was doing the price audits and found that the cost of something had gone up by $6. The ETL of that area was walking by so she showed me how to fix it, so I did. I'm not sure I can remember it though LOL. She had me print it off a printer in the back. It seems like a lot of work for one or two labels. I wish I could have printed it off a hip printer. Other times I have found pricing errors, I would just turn the shelf label around. It might not be the right thing to do and sometimes you can't actually do that.
I've turned shelf labels around or removed them if the price shown is lower than what the item is ringing.

Yes you should fix it yourself but bottom line is if you want to keep your job do whatever your leader tells you to do. Always listen to the higher-ranked leader and do what they say regardless of what the lower-ranked says about it. I don't know about you but I'm not here to make friends I'm here to pay the bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back