Who Owns Vacuums?

I'm curious. Who owns vacuums at your store? There has been a long running fued at my store over HIPA and vacuums. It's gone on for over a year. I'll spare you the details, as juicy as they are, for indentification purposes. There is a current truce, which I don't like, that Plastics owns HIPA, and kitchen/small appliances owns vacuums. This truce predates me being kitchen DBO.

I don't like this because: a) Vacuums are pulled in storage/organization 1for1s, b) everything else that kitchen/small appliances owns is food related so vacuums make no sense for the department, and c) the plastics guy refuses to pull vacuums and just skips them so I have to remember to pull them by aisle at some point during the day, which makes it a bit more difficult to plan my day around my workload.

What do other stores do here?

My store isn't petty like this. The kitchen DBO owns them because that's where they sort off the truck. They also are in their area so they own the zone and reset. The plastics DBO owns the pulling from the 141 since they drop in their batch.

If I am pulling and my 1-4-1s go to someone’s else’s department - I pull the product and put it out or put it in reshop.

I completely pull all my 1-4-1s whether the product is in my area or not.

At the store I am at, the vacuums are in the custom block with stationary. Why you ask? Bc the way my store is set up, they go on the back wall that is betwixt Stationary and Small Appliances. But sometimes other floor mops have an endcap in Plastics.

IMHO, they should "belong" to the area where the guest will want to have a knowledgeable tm that can answer their questions and guide them to purchase the right vacuum for them. If your vacuums are in beauty, then beauty should know them and be able to sell them. If they're in small appliances, that is where the guest will need a good tm, etc. etc.

I don’t know how it is in my store With vacuums -

however, we do have the same issue with TRASH BAGS - they are in the CHEM pull but located in the PAPER area

my opinion is : if it’s part of completing YOUR 1:1 batch - PULL it !
If they are located on the sales floor in YOUR area - push it.

So, In my store the PAPER DBO PUSHES the bags that the CHEM DBO pulled

If I am pulling and my 1-4-1s go to someone’s else’s department - I pull the product and put it out or put it in reshop.

I completely pull all my 1-4-1s whether the product is in my area or not.

That's why I do too. Some domestics and sporting goods stuff comes out in my pulls. I just put those out. If they come in my repacks, I just toss add them to the appropriate vehicles on the line. Our plastics DBO just won't pull vacuums. On the floor, they are close to kitchen, but technically located in domestics and adjacent to the plastics backwall. I don't mind doing the freight too much. But, if plastics would at least do the pull. even if they have to just leave it near my backroom area for me to take out, that would be a huge help.

Wait, your guys’ Toy & Seasonal DBO doesn’t own vacuums? I mean they’re no where near each other and it makes no sense but, meh.

I’ve heard more than once that the TLs in my store play poker but bet zones instead of cash. That’s why the Baby & Paper TL has stayed the same forever. They like those zones and they’re an almost professional level card shark. It certainly makes the most sense when you look at assignments.

As far as 1 for 1s, you pull it, you push. Or you put it on some randos flat bed and hope they don’t notice until they’re on the floor. Disfunction, they name is Store #XXXX.

At my store vacuums are pushed by kitchen. But technically they are storage and utility. I’m in charge of plastics, rugs, part of bath, hipa, luggage, toy expansion and entertainment.

Back