Who recently quit at your store?

I have seen countless Execs gone (including HR and STL). Reason for every single one : “Greater opportunities” . Was NEVER told they were fired (even when everyone knew they were).
In 13 years I have only heard HR say someone was fired if it was a team member for stealing. Actually it was AP that said it. Wondering now if he approved that with HR first.

So all the managers quit a few weeks ago. We all had a huddle each time one left and were told it’s was 100% the persons choice to leave. The HR even added that he had been talking to him or her trying to work things out to get them to stay. Today I see my x boss and he said he was fired. Why are they straight up lying to us? Now I don’t trust them where as before I did.
Is this post accurate ?
Who are “managers “?
ALL ?

I am not up on the target language but the manager over the entire store left crying and two days later they announced she left. The two under her quit. One took a loa and a week later we were told he quit. (He is the one that told me he was fired) The other went on vacation and then we were told he quit. Then hr was replaced and we were told she transferred.(left target) The other two LOD’s were transferred. Our Team leads took their places. We had a guy that has been with target 13 years come in as our top store manager.
Wow ! That has got to be rough on all ! But really good news for anyone waiting to promote - openings galore .
Smart of them to use up paid time off before going.

So all the managers quit a few weeks ago. We all had a huddle each time one left and were told it’s was 100% the persons choice to leave. The HR even added that he had been talking to him or her trying to work things out to get them to stay. Today I see my x boss and he said he was fired. Why are they straight up lying to us? Now I don’t trust them where as before I did.
I have seen countless Execs gone (including HR and STL). Reason for every single one : “Greater opportunities” . Was NEVER told they were fired (even when everyone knew they were).
In 13 years I have only heard HR say someone was fired if it was a team member for stealing. Actually it was AP that said it. Wondering now if he approved that with HR first.
Truth is not only the first casualty of war, it is apparently the first casualty of Modernization, although loyalty, compassion and humane leadership seem to be close competitors. It’s not limited to Spot, but “X left to pursue other opportunities” and “X is no longer with the company” seem to be corporate-speak for “X was fired”. We heard those things so many times at another company when yet another useless manager’s departure (firing) was announced that the old timers would just roll their eyes. Surprised your leadership didn’t use one of these euphemisms instead of straight up lying to you, but maybe they are desperate enough to tell the team members anything to keep them from following the managers out, leaving them short handed until they can hire more newbies. In some cases, Trust No One really isn’t bad advice...😁

The undercover AP (TPS?) at my store is apparently leaving, I don't know when she put in her two weeks. However, she is already training her replacement so I don't think we'll miss a beat in terms of AP-related matters (we still have two regular-uniformed AP team members).

I don't think anyone from my store has quit. Management or otherwise. I only work weekends so it's kind of hard to tell but I haven't heard anything about anyone. We've started modernization recently but management seemed to think not much will change. I guess time will tell.

just wanna say-if you have better options take em. i thought walmart was gonna be just as tough. nop[e, its a fucking cakewalk by comparison. 8 hour shifts (even if you only work 3 days a week), a hour lunch, and no gulag type manager hanging around bothering me why i cant hit the 60 boxes a hour (not average, every hour they wanted at least 60 boxes). im not saying go to target. that aside, a few more TM's quit from my old store. 1 new hire for inbound and the other was our last remaining BRTM. i went in for my last check and the mood was horrible. people i worked with starting to look ghoulish. i dont think its them, i think its me. target wants us to believe we're all family and friends doing a job-its a fucking lie. work isnt always fun, but it shouldn't drain your soul.

just wanna say-if you have better options take em. i thought walmart was gonna be just as tough. nop[e, its a fucking cakewalk by comparison. 8 hour shifts (even if you only work 3 days a week), a hour lunch, and no gulag type manager hanging around bothering me why i cant hit the 60 boxes a hour (not average, every hour they wanted at least 60 boxes). im not saying go to target. that aside, a few more TM's quit from my old store. 1 new hire for inbound and the other was our last remaining BRTM. i went in for my last check and the mood was horrible. people i worked with starting to look ghoulish. i dont think its them, i think its me. target wants us to believe we're all family and friends doing a job-its a fucking lie. work isnt always fun, but it shouldn't drain your soul.

I have a plan, while I am getting hours I am taking them and stacking the cash. I have worked in worse places than spot has become though it is something I had hoped to never repeat. It's just time that other thing depends on them actually building it, its a go just has to get built.

I kind of forgot about these because I thought they were taking a leave of absence and coming back, but an ETL, softlines team lead and another GSTL at my store apparently quit just before the holiday season last year. The GSTL I think went on maternity leave, but I guess she decided not to come back. I'm kind of surprised at the amount of turnover at my store, even the higher-up positions such as STL, ETL, and other team lead positions. Naively, I thought that my store was relatively stable, but it seems like it's a similar situation to a lot of other stores based on the posts in this thread.
In addition, an old AP team member from when I started visited our store yesterday and chatted with some team members. I saw his face, and recognized him even though I had forgotten that he used to work here.

So far I haven't seen a massive exodus at our store but we have lost a couple of folks, one being a GSA who gave his two weeks notice and is now looking for another position. That GSA had been with Target for almost four years, they were youthful and very guest-friendly, just scratching my head why Target is willing to lose so many good workers who can actually deliver good personal service.

Truth is not only the first casualty of war, it is apparently the first casualty of Modernization, although loyalty, compassion and humane leadership seem to be close competitors. It’s not limited to Spot, but “X left to pursue other opportunities” and “X is no longer with the company” seem to be corporate-speak for “X was fired”. We heard those things so many times at another company when yet another useless manager’s departure (firing) was announced that the old timers would just roll their eyes. Surprised your leadership didn’t use one of these euphemisms instead of straight up lying to you, but maybe they are desperate enough to tell the team members anything to keep them from following the managers out, leaving them short handed until they can hire more newbies. In some cases, Trust No One really isn’t bad advice...😁

Just learned our STL quit last week. Turnover has always been bad at Spot for various reasons, Modernization has just kicked it into overdrive. Whether corporate cares or anticipated this who knows.....

Lost our market tl 4 cashiers and two inbound/ dbo in hardlines. One etl maybe leaving they called out sick two weeks ago and no one has heard from or seen them since. One softlines gal just walked out yesterday after being told she wasnt pushing fast enough or getting her zone crisp enough. After backed up the lanes left her name tag at the register and walked out :/

Last edited:
A new store is opening in my area in a few months and we're losing some people as they transfer. (I was considering it myself, but decided to stay where I'm at.) The only TL or above who's left otherwise recently is an SrTL who was lured away during 4th quarter and an ETL who transferred to a store in another part of the state. Otherwise, it seems to be the usual TM turnover - we're generally pretty stable.

Back