Who recently quit at your store?

A few coworkers were outright fired, a couple for hitting meal compliance. Repeatedly.

They were longstanding, hardworking employees. They know better. So wtf was this? Why not just quit instead of being fired? I guess it is a fast track to not having to work here anymore though...

My store is over by 2 TLs. There is one who every TM in the building knows is a moron, but who somehow is evading getting performanced out.

Store Director resigned last friday after working for Target for 18 years. Although my store was his first SD job, he was in over his head.

Store Director resigned last friday after working for Target for 18 years. Although my store was his first SD job, he was in over his head.
Sounds familiar. We've gone through several SDs now. One outside hire and one who'd been with Target for years, both out due to not keeping up. We will see how the current one fares. The STL that was here when I was hired was amazing and left just as Modernization was rolling out. Smart move on their part.

I was there today, in electronics, getting my phone looked at... freaked the TM out when I recognized another TM calling in (on the radio) to clock out. LOL

One young girl with tons of potential finished her short run with Target, started with us during last seasonal Q4. Modernization for front end ruined it for her. She was excellent.

Our cart attendant of 15+ years finally put his 2 weeks in. For him, it wasn't modernization though. He's nearly 60 and finally got his CDL. So excited for him!

Our best electronics had to leave (for family reasons). He kept up great with modernization and was literally the best guy for the job and every guest loved him. He was with Target for 30 years. Technically it's an LOA but if he returns, it will probably be with a Target close to family.

This turn around, though. Ghosting, good TM's putting in 2 weeks... There's been a lot but it's really concerning. And I know it isn't an isolated case, it's across the board. Sad days, man.

There is one who every TM in the building knows is a moron, but who somehow is evading getting performanced out.
We had a GSA like that who somehow promoted to GSTL. Still not delivering so lateral shuffle to salesfloor. Still underperforming so promoted to ETL. (Wtf. I guess I need to slowdown to move up??) literally the worst Leader I’ve ever seen. They couldn’t lead their way out of a paper bag.

We had a GSA like that who somehow promoted to GSTL. Still not delivering so lateral shuffle to salesfloor. Still underperforming so promoted to ETL. (Wtf. I guess I need to slowdown to move up??) literally the worst Leader I’ve ever seen. They couldn’t lead their way out of a paper bag.
Had one like that at my store. Totally useless, but STL/DTL couldn’t seem to see it. Probably because the two things that ETL apparently could do were kiss ass and pass blame...

Is all of this turnover unusual for Target? At my previous job with a major department store, turnover was extremely common. During my time there we had nine Store Managers, many salaried managers come and go, and countless rank and file. Several district folks as well. It's pretty much the nature of retail, isn't it,?

Is all of this turnover unusual for Target? At my previous job with a major department store, turnover was extremely common. During my time there we had nine Store Managers, many salaried managers come and go, and countless rank and file. Several district folks as well. It's pretty much the nature of retail, isn't it,?

Maybe so but it's happening A LOT more quickly than it's supposed to. You're not supposed to get 4 longtimers quitting in one week for example

Maybe so but it's happening A LOT more quickly than it's supposed to. You're not supposed to get 4 longtimers quitting in one week for example
True, that's a lot. And thinking about it, there was a lot more management turnover in my former job once the company changed hands and the long, slow descent into irrelevance began. My second Store Manager was there for 20 years, and after he retired, seven managers breezed through in the next 12.

I guess since I have already been through the decline of a once-great retail company, this is business as usual for me. Not that I believe Spot is in decline, because despite all the changes, I think Target is healthy as a horse. But I've seen long-timers jump ship before, as well as newbs drop like flies, so none of it surprises me.

One young girl with tons of potential finished her short run with Target, started with us during last seasonal Q4. Modernization for front end ruined it for her. She was excellent.

Our cart attendant of 15+ years finally put his 2 weeks in. For him, it wasn't modernization though. He's nearly 60 and finally got his CDL. So excited for him!

Our best electronics had to leave (for family reasons). He kept up great with modernization and was literally the best guy for the job and every guest loved him. He was with Target for 30 years. Technically it's an LOA but if he returns, it will probably be with a Target close to family.

This turn around, though. Ghosting, good TM's putting in 2 weeks... There's been a lot but it's really concerning. And I know it isn't an isolated case, it's across the board. Sad days, man.

When I left in late June, around 20 TMs had left since April and around 7 had been fired. Turnover like this when I started with the company in 2015 was not common (although retail is always a revolving door). The running around and the culture of extreme micro-management that my store had really was not worth it for new TMs, who would rarely last. A lot of us longer term TMs enjoyed working there, but the tone at the top that trickled into stores made it miserable.

CTL leaving in less than a year after promotion from another store. The replacement is an internal promotion that I don't think will go well especially going into Q4.

- ETL GM (Massive retail knowledge went out the door). Gave 1 day notice, and SD was furious.

- ETL Front End

- Closing TL

- Handful of TMs in each department, minus beauty

I honestly feel sorry for the GM team, because all they got is an inexperienced ETL Speciality covering for GM. We didn't even start the busy time of the year yet.

Fun times.

My work center Pizza Hell just drove off another team member. He also just up and quit like the last two. I knew it was gonna break him too. It’s because nobody wants the job. It’s still listed as 30+ days on job hunting boards.

Back