Who recently quit at your store?

Inventory is going to bend your store over so bad...
So, so bad. I am afraid what shit show next year's inventory will bring. Luckily, so far at least, we have managed to keep our counts accurate, so our INF and on hands are generally right.

But, a huge but, things keep getting worse with the stealing. Someone hit us recently and jacked a bunch of games. They brought their own magnetic key. Things like this rarely if ever, occured while we had AP presence.

Y’all our GE and SD both quit without any notice (not at the same time but close to each other) our new GE is honestly very attractive but he’s low key psycho (he’s a local and there’s lots of stories from girls about him being their crazy stalker ex) and he’s way too touchy and I hate him and we still don’t have a store director my store is falling APART

So, so bad. I am afraid what shit show next year's inventory will bring. Luckily, so far at least, we have managed to keep our counts accurate, so our INF and on hands are generally right.

But, a huge but, things keep getting worse with the stealing. Someone hit us recently and jacked a bunch of games. They brought their own magnetic key. Things like this rarely if ever, occured while we had AP presence.

It's mainly electronics that's getting hit, right?

Now I think about it, and you say that about counts, it's not inventory I guess you ought to worry about, it's meeting quotas or plan or profit or whatever they're calling it these days

Y’all our GE and SD both quit without any notice (not at the same time but close to each other) our new GE is honestly very attractive but he’s low key psycho (he’s a local and there’s lots of stories from girls about him being their crazy stalker ex) and he’s way too touchy and I hate him and we still don’t have a store director my store is falling APART
Fingers crossed you’ll be off to your office job soon!! 😁

It's mainly electronics that's getting hit, right?

Now I think about it, and you say that about counts, it's not inventory I guess you ought to worry about, it's meeting quotas or plan or profit or whatever they're calling it these days
Just electronics, and softlines (but that is normal. Teeneagers suck).

I'm just hoping we keep up with counts, but with my store's turnover, I do not know how much longer we can keep up without the roles being filled. We are still missing a SD, an APL, a SETL, as well as numerous TMs.

That, on top of moving every TL during mod and not having any way to properly train them in new roles, because store mod hit most at the same time, nobody was qualified to train them, we are barely keeping up.

It is tiring.

Two guest advocates found better jobs and put in their notice, closing TL is transferring. I just did a second interview elsewhere and as soon as I get a firm offer, background check and urine test clears, I'm planning to make my exit before Black Friday if not by Halloween.

Last edited:
One TL fired, one TL quit, receiver quit and a handful of TMs hoping to be out the door before the end of the year. DM in the store every other day. It’s a circus.

What's the DM actually doing while there, I'm curious
Walking with a different TL each time in their area plus the SD. Everyone is on edge. It feels like a lot of housecleaning going on. Don’t know what’s going on. My store isn’t even very behind most days.

Just lost 3 more *key* people. I wonder if one more will soon follow them out the door.

ETA: I don't even count the newbies that quit/no show, etc.

Both inbound TL's within two weeks of each other, another TL from GM who is just clocking his notice also is a former senior who also runs all the big transitions and has been in charge of the overnight shifts when we have them. He also helps run the truck when other TL's aren't there.. So there will be NO TL's who have ever actually run a truck in our store in less than a month..

I only count TL's and above at this point since TM's quit so quickly now there isn't enough time to actually count them.

About to be on my 4th ETL LOG and 5th LOG TL since transferring to this store less than 4 years ago. All left the company.
Has the turnover quickened since your store adopted modernization? Just curious. ETLs have been dropping like flies around my neck of the woods.

I'd love to see the company wide stats on leadership turnover over the past 10 years vs. 2019. I'm sure it would be enlightening information.

In the past month, our Consumables TL, 2 SFSers, and multiple GM/Inbounders. There’s no part of the store that ISNT hemorrhaging TMs. And the GM ETL left too. We have one now, but they might be leaving soon too. They can’t handle the work.

Back