Archived Why am I on the Cashier breakout

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do I do if I was told I was working hardlines and I'm in the schedule for hardlines, but when I clock in the GSTL tells me to get on a checklane cause I'm on the cashier breakout.

Your hardlines not a gstls bitch tell her to go to hell and take it up with an lod

What happens if the LOD says to listen to the GSTL

When we had SFTMs scheduled to cashier, we'd get them all of 10 minutes before the SFTLs stole them.
They always said "We'll send 'em up for back-up."
Yet when I called for back-up, all I heard were crickets.

Last edited:
we use the team as needed. if he have more salesfloor, we'll use them to cover salesfloor. most likely we're using cashiers to cover and we'll pull you. the gstl isn't suggesting you, its the lod saying we had a call out you're filling it. you don't get to pout if you're on the grid as whatever unless you're not trained.

You go where the store needs you no matter what work center you are originally scheduled in. If there was a call out on the check lanes they couldn't cover it's a higher priority if you have other HLtm's on the floor. If guests can't check out there are no sales. No sales=no payroll=no job. Complaining about it and running around to everyone trying to get out of it just makes you look bad.

GSTL"s are team leads right? I dont follow thier orders and sometimes act the opposite when they make demands like take reshop or getting a dpci. I also dont recieve any backlash for this from management.

Im like this because I tend to view power trips and huge egos from ftont end management that I refuse to feed into. At least thats my store but ask another TM about what I just posted and they would play koi.

There are days I go to work and get switched all over the place. One day, I came in for a rare cashier shift (was the closer), they moved me to hardlines and then 30 mins later sent me to grocery. It was a rough night running back and forth whenever they needed a cashier. We had several call outs, and when they found a TM for an area, they'd move me to a place they couldn't find someone to come in. But you work where you are needed, regardless where you wanna work.

Use a walkie to verify with your workcenter TL. This is the time of year where there will be creative scheduling. You will technically be clocked in for Hardlines but you have been borrowed or utilized at the front lanes. This way the store doesn't have to relocate money to another areas payroll. Or there has been call outs/NCNS for the front, and they are needing to flex TMs around to fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back