Sales Floor Why are all the mannequins white?

At this point in the thread it’s hard to tell if we’re memeing or not, but I’m sure the real answer is that white mannequins are easier to maintain than other colors or glossy mannequins that higher end boutiques use. There’s literally a mannequin touch up kit on gocart that’s just white nail polish so you can repaint them.

Walking past the Houston White display in men's and the thought occurred to me which hadn't before in the 18 years I've worked here (possibly showing my general insensitivity to these issues). The collection is targeted towards racial minority audiences, right? (I reach this conclusion based on all the models in the photos being of a minority) Why is the mannequin white? Oh, all the mannequins are white. WTF?
Does anyone know if the idea of more racially representative mannequins has been considered?
Oh my god, Shut the fuck up racist.

We have some "black" mannequins at the not-Target store where I work but they're black the way crude petroleum/asphalt and some cars and hardside suitcases are black, deffo not people-black. The rest are about the same shade of pale gray a white person would be after spending a week in the digestive tract of a great white shark

We have some "black" mannequins at the not-Target store where I work but they're black the way crude petroleum/asphalt and some cars and hardside suitcases are black, deffo not people-black. The rest are about the same shade of pale gray a white person would be after spending a week in the digestive tract of a great white shark
Kohls?

Oh my god, Shut the fuck up racist.

Don't do this.
Even as a joke.
This is your only warning.

425.gif

Don't do this.
Even as a joke.
This is your only warning.

425.gif
Can’t tell if the person that posted it is serious or not. If it’s a joke fine but it didn’t sound like one. I know you have a job to do but if they’re allowed to post garbage like that, Then I should be allowed to respond differently.

Can’t tell if the person that posted it is serious or not. If it’s a joke fine but it didn’t sound like one. I know you have a job to do but if they’re allowed to post garbage like that, Then I should be allowed to respond differently.
He's the moderator. He's not fucking joking. You didn't have to engage in the conversation if you didn't have anything productive to add.

It doesn't matter if they were serious or joking.
They weren't insulting another member of the forum.
You can comment about what they all you like but direct insults are a no go.
If you need to know what someone means by something just ask for crying out loud.

He's the moderator. He's not fucking joking. You didn't have to engage in the conversation if you didn't have anything productive to add.
People can respond if they want it’s like social media. I don’t know what y’all expect when stupid stuff is posted lol. Try coping.

It doesn't matter if they were serious or joking.
They weren't insulting another member of the forum.
You can comment about what they all you like but direct insults are a no go.
If you need to know what someone means by something just ask for crying out loud.
Seems racist and offensive if they meant it but whatever. Hypocrisy never runs dry on social media or forums with people. I’ll end it here, They can cry and cope if they have a problem with what I said.

Seems racist and offensive if they meant it but whatever. Hypocrisy never runs dry on social media or forums with people. I’ll end it here, They can cry and cope if they have a problem with what I said.

Yeah, no.
If you don't know the context of someone's statement its on you to ask.
That is what civilized adults do.
You also don't insult them based on your assumptions.
It is not on them to deal with your rudeness.
It's entirely on your shoulders.
Just because you are in a place where you don't have to look someone in the eye or work with them every day doesn't mean you shouldn't act like it.
And before you start on how mean people are to you for your ideas and beliefs, I'm sure it has happened but if you want to be taken seriously as a person and an adult than the only way you beat them is to be better not to be worse.

Like y’all don’t get offended often? Self reflect much?
Who's this "y'all" you speak of? Nobody in the thread was offended, it was an interesting discourse. Nobody is calling mannequins racist, even if your source of news is telling you that. Not a self-reflection of me at all :)

People can respond if they want it’s like social media. I don’t know what y’all expect when stupid stuff is posted lol. Try coping.
You're right, you do have the choice to respond or not. But by choosing to, you're agreeing to abide by the common rules of whatever medium that is. Here on TBR, that means not calling other users racist. And if you're incapable of reading the room, you're in the wrong room, and you'd do best to keep your damn mouth shut.

Back