Why are we hiring..

Since Starbucks closed I'm learning how to do OPUs & consumables in addition to cashiering & cleaning detail.

I've been teaching a ton of TMs how to do OPU on the fly this week. We got the hours. Get them while you can. Just please pay attention when we tell you how to stow into hold. And, don't scan shelf labels. Never, ever, ever, ever scan a shelf label please.

Normally SFS in my store does 300-400 units a day outside of q4. District leadership told us a couple days ago they want us to start pushing 3000 a day. Today was literally all hands on deck in sfs if you weren't Tech, market or front end.

That's why we're hiring. I have no doubts that the promised $15 will be swept under the rug. I guess all I can do is watch my P's and Q's so I stay off CA once this whole thing blows over.

At least right now, being scheduled a solid 40 is nice.

Last edited:
I just pick up extra shifts pass my assigned shifts.. I've been averaging 35 hours since getting fleeced trained otherwise id be sub 20 hours a week.

I've been teaching a ton of TMs how to do OPU on the fly this week. We got the hours. Get them while you can. Just please pay attention when we tell you how to stow into hold. And, don't scan shelf labels. Never, ever, ever, ever scan a shelf label please.
that... has been the one annoying hold over in my brain , i now only scan what is physically in my hand.

I guess our store would be hiring since we've had so much turnover (at least in the front-end) that the store needs more team members to replace call-outs and for availability reasons. Unfortunately, a lot of the seasonals quit or were termed and that hasn't helped matters.

Edit: I also want to add that HR called me the day I came back and said I could have "as many hours as I'd like" which further proves my point that we don't have enough team members willing to work through this crisis and possibly beyond that.

Last edited:
I guess our store would be hiring since we've had so much turnover (at least in the front-end) that the store needs more team members to replace call-outs and for availability reasons. Unfortunately, a lot of the seasonals quit or were termed and that hasn't helped matters.

Edit: I also want to add that HR called me the day I came back and said I could have "as many hours as I'd like" which further proves my point that we don't have enough team members willing to work through this crisis and possibly beyond that.

Even useless people can do something now. I'm getting 3 shifts this week just to sit my ass at the door counting people!

ETA: By useless I mean lazy TMs in your store that nobody likes

I am not comfortable training someone on the register right now. We don't really have 6 ft from the guest, or guests when they come in groups, and now I have to have someone else in my 3-4 ft bubble?

just don't ask to pick flex orders, where you are in the middle of the store with people.. You get surrounded in market as normal. At least at a register you do have some separation.

Back