Archived Why did they choose me for [insert role]?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there some kind of hierarchy as far as jobs at target goes apart from the pay scale or whatever it's called?

For example, is hardlines above, beneath, or the same as in-stocks?

In our store it seems like they hire the "smart" ones for hardlines and the "average" team members for in-stocks. I once heard a comment from an in-stocks team member when I was new and asked for help that we in hardlines were supposed to be the smart ones. Similarly, that hardlines team members that didnt meet expectations were turned into cashiers. In-stocks turnover is much higher too.

I was hired as a seasonal hardlines team member and was asked to stay. I've worked in-stocks a few times and it suits me much better. I think leadership knows in-stocks suits me better but since I do a good job in hardlines they want to keep me there. For them hardlines team members are their priority. Meanwhile in-stocks is getting more and more hires. I just wish they would ask me to try it out or to switch if they know it'd be better for me. I just don't want to ask in case I don't meet their expectations right away and then I'd end up looking bad.

IMO an instocks tm (as opposed to a "scanner") will know more about how the processes interact than anyone in the store.
I agree with you. To me it seems like a position that would take more logic. But our store is "different" bleh

Make no mistake, instocks is a much more involved process than a hardlines team member. An instocks team memebr doesn't just run around scanning every hole they see, and it requires partnership with everyone in the store. It also requires knowing how to merchandise PTM aisles, knowledge of the logistics process, and understanding how changing counts affects the shortage of the store. It is also a higher paygrade than a hardlines team memebr.

InStocks is usually considered an "advanced" hardlines TM due to the intricacies of the process.

I sometimes wonder why I got hired as a hard lines TL...and if I have any shot at the SrTL position that I just applied for...

Make no mistake, instocks is a much more involved process than a hardlines team member. An instocks team memebr doesn't just run around scanning every hole they see, and it requires partnership with everyone in the store. It also requires knowing how to merchandise PTM aisles, knowledge of the logistics process, and understanding how changing counts affects the shortage of the store. It is also a higher paygrade than a hardlines team memebr.

But not as high as pricing or plano or logistics. Brawn gets paid more than brains.(don't be offended - it's just a joke!)

Hierarchy? That's a good one.

A few years ago there was a very neat and organized hierarchy but turned out to be way too expensive. Now we have instocks in the backroom doing the backroom job, pricing helping out with instocks by doing their pulls, and TL's working on planograms that the planogram should be doing. Plus they got rid of our entertainment team members so that the planogram team which is now cashiering can not do that which means the electronics team members are doing the planograms instead of helping the guests and AP keep track of stolen property. AP has turned into another sales floor person.

In short, there is no hierarchy but rather being made up as they go along. It would take money to develop one and spending money on team members is one thing this company has made abundantly clear that is not allowed to go up.

Hierarchy? That's a good one.

A few years ago there was a very neat and organized hierarchy but turned out to be way too expensive. Now we have instocks in the backroom doing the backroom job, pricing helping out with instocks by doing their pulls, and TL's working on planograms that the planogram should be doing. Plus they got rid of our entertainment team members so that the planogram team which is now cashiering can not do that which means the electronics team members are doing the planograms instead of helping the guests and AP keep track of stolen property. AP has turned into another sales floor person.

In short, there is no hierarchy but rather being made up as they go along. It would take money to develop one and spending money on team members is one thing this company has made abundantly clear that is not allowed to go up.

Great answer, talan!

Interestingly enough....many people (at least at my store) thinks that all we have to know how to do in pharmacy is count (guess counting is a lost art since we make more than many others in the store to start). :eek:k:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back