Why do different stores have different carts?

I know that some stores are using prototypes but why do we have a lot of different carts?

I know that some stores are using prototypes but why do we have a lot of different carts?
Different stores have different carts because Target changes cart types periodically and stores generally get new carts when they are remodeled. At least that’s what happened at my store during each remodel, and we were ecstatic when they replaced those old broken down plastic carts that seemed to crack if you looked at them wrong. Replacing all of the carts in all of the stores at the same time would be a huge expense that would impact quarterly profits and wouldn't look good to the stockholders.

We have the ones where the plastic is wrapped around the metal, they feel like tanks! The only thing that happens is the bottom falls off a lot.

They pilot things at new stores from time to time. They like to try out new things. Then they get feedback and decide if they should roll it out company-wide.

We have the ones where the plastic is wrapped around the metal, they feel like tanks! The only thing that happens is the bottom falls off a lot.
Those carts are also a lot easier to step on and ride around on when the stores are closed compared to the old plastic ones, lol.

Back