Archived why do etl's have short time spans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah in theory I get it. No one gets comfortable that way. Whenever you get new leadership you work hard all over again to earn their respect but I personally always believed consistency is the way to drive great results.
exactly. and i feel snobby in a way because the new etl-hr we have makes me feel like i just got hired and that i dont know what im doing and all i want to say is "listen, ive been here a bit longer than you and some people on my team usually rely on me for things, i think by now i know what the hell im doing and how well im doing it." i know i have to earn her respect but not when i feel like that

Yeah in theory I get it. No one gets comfortable that way. Whenever you get new leadership you work hard all over again to earn their respect but I personally always believed consistency is the way to drive great results.

Quoted for truth, and this is the #1 problem with Target that I have seen in the 5-6 years I have worked for them.

They have the equivalent of ADHD in retail management, and having ADHD.......oh look much deals... hey guys! i feel appy!.... sorry... ehm and having ADHD myself I can diagnose it a mile away.

Speaking of short-lived ETLs, our HR just left after less than a year at the store.

Speaking of short-lived ETLs, our HR just left after less than a year at the store.

ETL-HR's are all going to be dancing after finding new jobs (most anyway), as they can probably more than most ETL postitions find better paying jobs, with way less BS (LOD shifts, in a Retail environment).

ETL-HR's are all going to be dancing after finding new jobs (most anyway), as they can probably more than most ETL postitions find better paying jobs, with way less BS (LOD shifts, in a Retail environment).

Ehh, most ETL-HRs (at least the good ones) are old PG13s with a few years of raises under their belts. If they wanted to find an HR job M-F 9-5 they probably can pretty easily, but I would guess they are losing 20-30K to do so.

There's always ETL positions open up, you just never know it because they haven't been fired yet.
Not all ETLs make the cut, especially the fresh out of university ones, an ETL that knows what they are doing is offered the opportunity to transfer over to another store.
They are told it's a nice opportunity to build experience but the real untalked about reason is to "fix" the problem.
ETLs with experience in different positions at different stores are now primed and ready to apply to STL.

Last edited:
Ehh, most ETL-HRs (at least the good ones) are old PG13s with a few years of raises under their belts. If they wanted to find an HR job M-F 9-5 they probably can pretty easily, but I would guess they are losing 20-30K to do so.

Depends on where they land. A HR generalist makes median 55K a year but a senior HR or benefits coordinator can easily pull 80K with less hours than Target.

The HR field is all about experience although certification can help if you hope to make six figures

can someone answer me this though please, so my etl-ap just got a etl-sales floor position at another store in my district, is there a chance that later in the future that he, or another etl who "transfers", could come back to my target due to the etl rotation or no?

exactly. and i feel snobby in a way because the new etl-hr we have makes me feel like i just got hired and that i dont know what im doing and all i want to say is "listen, ive been here a bit longer than you and some people on my team usually rely on me for things, i think by now i know what the hell im doing and how well im doing it." i know i have to earn her respect but not when i feel like that
I feel like this right now. Our store just got a new ETL-GE and half of our front end is now really uneasy because she makes us feel like we're not good enough.

can someone answer me this though please, so my etl-ap just got a etl-sales floor position at another store in my district, is there a chance that later in the future that he, or another etl who "transfers", could come back to my target due to the etl rotation or no?

We had an ETL come back 3 years ago but his last stint was in 2005 so I wouldn't count on it being anytime soon

I feel like this right now. Our store just got a new ETL-GE and half of our front end is now really uneasy because she makes us feel like we're not good enough.
ugh that is the worst. im even more uneasy with our etl-ap leaving now too because i feel like our replacement is gonna be more of an asshole than the one we have right now. im not saying the one we have right now is a complete asshole but when he has a bad day, you better make sure you didnt cause it. most people dont like him and are happy to see him go but i enjoyed him! he put up with my sarcasm and was really great at his job.

We had our ETL-HR go to another store and then come back as our STL.

We seem to have lifers at our store. The STL, ETL-AP, ETL-HR, ETL-SF and a few other leaders have been here since the store opened.

For wackos, for example, instead of using subt/stop, I use locu. I think it's faster (if you only have not too many items).
That's the way you are supposed to do it. Locu the location, then scan the items back into the same location. If the old DPCI didn't convert into the new DPCI when you scan it to re-stow it, you mySupport the item and location.

Hmm. I was just told to subt/stop them. The locu thing I thought up on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back