Archived Why do people open packages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowChick

Expect The Unexpected
Seriously...besides the cheap bastards stealing.

For example: Everyday I find tons of open baby bottle packages, some with bottles missing, some with bottle removed and left on the shelf. Really? THERE'S DISPLAYS ON THE SHELF FOR A REASON!!!

Really wish that YOU BREAK IT YOU BUY IT RULE applied still. If we could have a sign that told people not to open the boxes or else they had to pay for it I'd be happy. I mean I know it wouldn't work for some, but it might deter some.

As for the thieves...man oh man...if you really need to steal a bottle, a pack of wipes from a 3 pack, or a few diapers from a pack, just give your baby up for adoption and never have children ever again. Because you're an idiot.

Seriously...I know where their child's life is heading......at the gas station we used to catch little kids and THEIR PARENTS stealing all the time..........

#RantOver

AP busted a mom for shoplifting after seeing her stuff DVDs, BluRays, etc under her baby's blanket while the poor kid slept.
WalMart had an instance where a 7-yr-old was left at the door with a cart full of merch while Mom & an accomplice brought the car to the front. Security was watching & grabbed the girl as she tried to push the cart out. When she saw what happened, the mom sped off but she was arrested later when she went down to the police station to pick up her daughter.
Absolute scum.

When I saw this I thought it was about people who open the boxes for vacuums, blenders, and other devices.
Stuff where there is already one out on display but they feel the need to open the box, pull out the gadgets, and all the cardboard, then just jam it back in.
Of course, now it will never fit back the same.

WHYYYYY????????

This. Everyday there are tons of open packs of underwear and undershirts. People rip it open, take out one, and then leave it discarded on the ground. Why? I don't think it occurs to them that someone has to mark it down and repackage it after they do that. And who wants to buy repackaged underwear? Very few people, it turns out.

Short answer: Because they can.

Long answer: Some people just are clueless and will ignore the display because they want to personally inspect the package to make sure we aren't trying to "rip them off" (Quoted from a guest who asked to open a package of Beats to make sure we didn't rip them off.) My answer to that is usually
grumpy-cat-non.jpg

I think people don't like that the displays are attached to shelves. Speaking of which, I wish the strollers and things were attached. Display strollers shouldn't make it all the way to the fitting room. I also hate when they close them because I swear they all open a different way and I never remember it.

I also hate when they take the re sealable underwear and rip them across the top instead of just using the flap or zipper top! Sometimes they actually use the flap or whatever but they toss the undies somewhere. If I can't make them look nice, I charge em back. And I just hope everyone's washing these underwear before they wear them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think people don't like that the displays are attached to shelves. Speaking of which, I wish the strollers and things were attached. Display strollers shouldn't make it all the way to the fitting room. I also hate when they close them because I swear they all open a different way and I never remember it.

I also hate when they take the re sealable underwear and rip them across the top instead of just using the flap or zipper top!

I always tied down the strollers for that reason and because I didn't want someone getting hurt pulling them down.
That still didn't stop them pulling the car seat part out and putting it in a different stroller.

I always tied down the strollers for that reason and because I didn't want someone getting hurt pulling them down.
That still didn't stop them pulling the car seat part out and putting it in a different stroller.

The word from the top these days is not to tie strollers down so guests can test them out. /sigh

I hate the ones who open the packages and then say I want a discount for it being Open...I just say I cant open packages with tape that closes it(only do on repacked items so they cant ask for more discounts). Which is most electronics. I also hate the ones who ask me to open speakers/headphones so they can listen.

What pissed me off the most were the ladies that would tear the plastic off the floor rugs and roll them out in the middle of the aisles. Look at them for 5 minutes and decide not to buy them. What made it even worse...they would leave the rugs in the floor for other guests to walk or push their carts over. I would confront the guests many times telling them its against store policy to open sealed packages, destroy packaging, or anything that would deface a product. If they continued, they would be asked to leave. That scared them sometimes, or I would scare them with a fake walkie chatter to the ETL or AP.

And then there are the parents that let their kids play with a toy while they are shopping. The toys then tear up the packing to play with it, or they get gummed or chewed on until they get to the register.

When I worked in a Super. I couldn't believe how often people will decide against a packaged meat, or cooler/frozen item, and hide it on a shelf. And let it just thaw out.

AP busted a mom for shoplifting after seeing her stuff DVDs, BluRays, etc under her baby's blanket while the poor kid slept.
WalMart had an instance where a 7-yr-old was left at the door with a cart full of merch while Mom & an accomplice brought the car to the front. Security was watching & grabbed the girl as she tried to push the cart out. When she saw what happened, the mom sped off but she was arrested later when she went down to the police station to pick up her daughter.
Absolute scum.
The woman who did that does NOT deserve to be a mother! I hope CPS takes the child away

What pissed me off the most were the ladies that would tear the plastic off the floor rugs and roll them out in the middle of the aisles. Look at them for 5 minutes and decide not to buy them. What made it even worse...they would leave the rugs in the floor for other guests to walk or push their carts over. I would confront the guests many times telling them its against store policy to open sealed packages, destroy packaging, or anything that would deface a product. If they continued, they would be asked to leave. That scared them sometimes, or I would scare them with a fake walkie chatter to the ETL or AP.

And then there are the parents that let their kids play with a toy while they are shopping. The toys then tear up the packing to play with it, or they get gummed or chewed on until they get to the register.

When I worked in a Super. I couldn't believe how often people will decide against a packaged meat, or cooler/frozen item, and hide it on a shelf. And let it just thaw out.

OMG YOU'RE TOTALLY RIGHT!!! People leaving tempature sensitive FOOD all over the store definitely pisses me off more!!!!! why is it so hard to just give it to the cashier so they can make sure it goes back???

At least ya'll don't have to deal with soiled diapers. Fun stuff!

I've opened stuff before, or opened it up more, to make sure everything was there. Usually I only do this if the box/package looks tampered with. If all is good I buy the package I opened.

Big pet peeve when people put it back and grab the same product, or leave food in another department. What a waste.

Diaper Bombs are the worst when getting carts. I just turned the carts over to empty them out to the ground. I wasn't paid enough to handle soiled diapers.

I don't understand why people have to come into the store, find the aisle with all the beanbag and fold out chairs, pull them all off the shelf, then just leave them there and walk away.

OMG YOU'RE TOTALLY RIGHT!!! People leaving tempature sensitive FOOD all over the store definitely pisses me off more!!!!! why is it so hard to just give it to the cashier so they can make sure it goes back???

I found chicken nuggets in the licensed sheet aisle. WHY. Seriously, what was it about batman sheets that made you realize you didn't need those nuggets after all? Idiots. Idiots shop at target. I hate everyone. Lol

I don't understand why people have to come into the store, find the aisle with all the beanbag and fold out chairs, pull them all off the shelf, then just leave them there and walk away.

THOSE ARE THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE. Seriously. I threatened to zip tie the chairs every single shift. It doesn't even last 5 minutes before they're strewn all over the floor again.

Guests simply do not care. Ppl are to dumb to realize other people's efforts. I see this shit daily. People always say dont have a shitty job,but ppl are the reason my job is shitty.

Indeed!

I found chicken nuggets in the licensed sheet aisle. WHY. Seriously, what was it about batman sheets that made you realize you didn't need those nuggets after all? Idiots. Idiots shop at target. I hate everyone. Lol

Bahahaha YES!!!!!!

THOSE ARE THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE. Seriously. I threatened to zip tie the chairs every single shift. It doesn't even last 5 minutes before they're strewn all over the floor again.

I think everything should be behind glass, so they have to make sure they are 100 % sure they NEED it. LMAO.....Jkz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back