Archived Why does Target seem to struggle to make ends meet. Especially with having enough employee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sat down after reading this thread and jotted down a few of my observations based on my 7+ years at Spot.

"Why Target Struggles":

1. ASANTS

Target cannot successfully implement operational changes due to non conformity.

Target cannot (and does not try to) capture real time data and cost within its operations due to non conformity.

Incorrect budget forecast based on flawed data reporting from non conformity.

2.No desire to seek a balance of inside (promotion) and outside hiring in decision making positions (TL and salaried positions).

Management makes poor decisions due to lack of understanding of how the operation really works.

Management doesn’t recognize opportunities due to lack of understanding of importance of measuring operations.

Management cannot achieve harmony in ongoing operations.

3.No continuous improvement program from within.

Target has too many conflicting goals throughout the company. Management’s goals often are in direct conflict with the overall health of the operations.

Simple cost effective improvements are not originated at the operational level. This results in high turnover and low moral due to a lack of contribution and feedback.

No training matrix for longer term (6 mos. or longer) team members in all operational functions of Target. Lack of understanding of each function at the store level, warehouse level, and corporate.

Wise Ninja says the following.

"Before you leap you must look."
"Before you look you must think."
"Before you think you must feel."
"Before you fuck you must use proper protection."

Answer
Spot fucks and never use proper protection for anything it does.

Thats why Spot always shruggles to make ends meet.

Target should look to Walmart for advice LOL!

I mean seriously, Walmart has a revenue of 485 billion while Target is at about 70 billion. Those number are ridiculous but what are they doing that target isn’t? I mean at least we have more than 2 lanes open at once LOL!

$485,000,000,000

From what you’s are posting I feel as if targets philosophy is:

Hire little as possible but give a workload for 40 people to 15 people. —> fuck logic

Target should look to Walmart for advice LOL!

I mean seriously, Walmart has a revenue of 485 billion while Target is at about 70 billion. Those number are ridiculous but what are they doing that target isn’t? I mean at least we have more than 2 lanes open at once LOL!

$485,000,000,000

From what you’s are posting I feel as if targets philosophy is:

Hire little as possible but give a workload for 40 people to 15 people. —> fuck logic

Revenue is not profit, they sell more than we do due to their lower prices but they cut a lot of corners to get there.

You think we hire little? Wal-Mart stores are well known for their crappy zones and long lines.

We have our flaws but I dare you to find me a happy wal mart employee. I always get plenty of applications at my store from former employees there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back