Archived Why oh why, an Easter PLU rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? The hard goods are now 70% but the candy is still 30%? We are swimming in candy like drowning in surgery chocolate goodness. Does candy not have a ducking experation date in Minnesota? Do people give out year old chocolate rabbits to people they love? Maybe May is some sort of jelly bean holiday the rest of the world has never heard off? Old pastel bunny shaped candy is not in demand after Easter please just mark it down so we can sell it and move on.

Yeah, we still have a ton of candy left. Less than ideal for me trying to figure out when my beverage vendors can bring in their stuff for the back wall. :rolleyes: If I tell them to wait for the salvage day the wall will empty out, but if I have them bring it in now it will not fit in their backstock area or have to sit on the line which will not go over well.

Sounds rough, my store Mini is about 75% set with the new stuff and about an aisle left of Easter.

Well it is comforting to know that the candy will be 50% tomorrow. I guess that will allow me to scoop up some of the peanut butter eggs we have and drown my "mini will never get set at this rate sorrows" in yummy goodness. I may even just eat them in my closet away from the judgmental eyes of my cats.

I wait for the non-candy stuff to go to 90% and then buy it to give to my friends with kids.
There's cake mix, pretzels and beef jerky that will go to 50% then too. Yeah!

i don't think we even have anymore easter stuff at our store......

Sounds rough, my store Mini is about 75% set with the new stuff and about an aisle left of Easter.

20 feet of an aisle is Easter and the backwall is also Easter. The rest of mini is set :)

So how many more days until candy probably hits 70%?

...I'm asking for a friend.

My mom loves holidays that have their milk chocolate M&Ms and milk chocolate Hershey kisses that are literally the same as the non-clearance ones except for their packaging. They always go to 70% off :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back