Archived Why toss One Spot salvage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously. We always have multiple carts worth of salvage from Onespot. Why can't we donate some or all of it? Like coloring books and chalk to schools. It drives me crazy.

My guess would be that it costs them more to hold onto it and then ship it or deliver it than it does to throw it away. It drives me crazy too. They could give the stuff out as free gifts with the REDcard to guests, or as TM recognition, among other things. With Target being so community conscious, you'd think filling up a landfill would be a little lower on the list.

Remember a few years ago there was a plastic toy decomposing and setting off fumes in One Spot?

Who do you donate it to?

I thought ours went into missed salvage to be sold to Goodwill with the rest of the missed salvage stuff. But then the pricing TL told me that the stuff that comes up to guest service after the fact can just be tossed and doesn't have to go into our missed salvage box because that's what they do with the bulk stuff in back. I still put it in the missed salvage box because I feel like it's a waste to throw it away, but honestly, when the stuff is only $1 to $3 anyway, it isn't meant to last beyond a very short while, anyway.

That would mean they care about something other than profits. I know it's cheap crap but some people would really appreciate it. We have a ton of stickers, pencils, sticky notes, etc that the local schools would LOVE.

Honestly the company has spent pennies on the dollars for that crap, so I'm not surprised if they decide it's cheaper to chuck them rather than spend the man hours to donate them.

im sorry we dont donate it.. we salvage it out still and it goes to wherever salvage stuff goes. but one spot food goes to second harvest which comes into the store twice a week for pick ups

I noticed this today. I helped my PTL push a bunch of carts of the stuff to the trash compactor. What's the point of having it salvage if it just gets thrown out? It's not hard to get some cardboard boxes and put the stuff in there and process it like normal salvage. It would probably take about two minutes more.

Who do you donate it to?

I thought ours went into missed salvage to be sold to Goodwill with the rest of the missed salvage stuff. But then the pricing TL told me that the stuff that comes up to guest service after the fact can just be tossed and doesn't have to go into our missed salvage box because that's what they do with the bulk stuff in back. I still put it in the missed salvage box because I feel like it's a waste to throw it away, but honestly, when the stuff is only $1 to $3 anyway, it isn't meant to last beyond a very short while, anyway.

Goodwill BUYS the stuff??

Who do you donate it to?

Goodwill BUYS the stuff??
For pennies on the dollar; literally by the pallet. And Goodwill is a for-profit BUSINESS.
I stopped donating to them when I discovered how little they pay their disabled employees. Some may not need the money so much as they need the work routine but many quit because they DO need the money & it wasn't enough to cover reserving transportation & very few accommodations were made for the disabled. This flies in the face of what it was supposed to be. Their district & regional management are also well-paid for a business masking as a charity.
As the parent of a disabled teenager, I spoke to parents whose kids were rejected for Goodwill's job training program despite the fact that they'd interned with them in the past.
60 minutes did quite a piece on them a while back.
http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_...rkers-paid-just-pennies-an-hour-and-its-legal

NO ONE SPOT SHOULD BE TOSSED.

Best Practice is that all Seasonal Salvage (see spot save / mini seasonal) is to be boxed up and placed on the normal salvage pallets, this includes candy / food seasonal salvage. Each box should have one standard green salvage sticker placed on it, nothing else is required.

This was a very big message posted when the salvage contracts were redone last October and updated best practices were published due to those changes.

They keep changing the policy on it, at least for my store anyway. One time its throw it away, the next time we donate it, etc. Today I didn't know what to do because everyone i asked said they "didnt know" if we were supposed to throw it way or save it. So i threw it all away then one of the LODs told me i should have saved it so she could donate it to a school....sigh.

One spot salvage gets tossed with the exception of food items, which go on the salvage pallet, and ESIM items. It is mostly to do with licensing issues as to why this is done. This information is on mysupport for anyone who wants to dispute it.

One spot salvage gets tossed with the exception of food items, which go on the salvage pallet, and ESIM items. It is mostly to do with licensing issues as to why this is done. This information is on mysupport for anyone who wants to dispute it.

That is good to know, and makes sense. I am not price change but help on occasion so I don't get those bits of info.. Thx.. :)

No dispute here, but our food never goes on salvage pallet, it always gets donated or qmos out. Time to check out my support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back