Archived Will all flow teams go to 6a?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short answer no.
Long answer ASANTS.
Larger volume stores with still keep overnight or early morning crews but they will be LARGE volume stores.

The threshold to determine ON vs EM will change but I think $70million plus will have to stay ON.

It's $50 million right now. That's a pretty large jump. They tried the $70 million mark in my district a few years ago as a test and it failed horribly.

No. For higher volume stores, overnight is the only way to do flow. Why do you ask?
I agree I didn't know if it was across the board or situational. Practicality doesn't always seem to be a criteria w those nice folks up north. Oversight I'm sure. Our store is likely borderline, numbers tanked after multiple competitors opened. (There's not a walmart opening under my bed but sometimes I look in case...) thanks for input everyone!

It's $50 million right now. That's a pretty large jump. They tried the $70 million mark in my district a few years ago as a test and it failed horribly.
My store makes a few million over 50 and we're EM. I heard it's the decision of the district and region.

My store makes a few million over 50 and we're EM. I heard it's the decision of the district and region.
My store is over 50mil as well but we keep to a 4am start, during seasonal we do midnight/2am. I can't imagine trying to push a truck using 6am the non-open hours are so much better for getting work done.

4am stores in my district that are close to the cutoff (there are about 2-3) go to overnight during 4th quarter. It's a much smoother process.

6am wouldn't work at a store like mine even if our volume was lower. We are a older prototype store and with how our dock/line is set up it wouldn't allow for vendor deliveries during a unload.

Last edited:
We were 7:30 for about 6 months and moved to 6am for Q4 2013 and stayed at 6am since then. We go to 4am for Q4 now. It works out pretty well. It's even better when the flow team is fully staffed.

If my store went back to the 4 am process I honestly think I would quit. I did the whole getting up at 3 am for 14 years and don't miss it at all. Yes, its nice to get off at noon...but hell you have to go to bed by 8 to get a good nights sleep. I don't miss it at all. For those that are still in the 4 am process, I do feel for you. Some people love it...I despised it . 730 process was nice...but made such a mess for the guests....6 am isn't that bad for a lower volume store.

I don't really get the benefits from a 6am process. The key point seems to be "More team members on the floor!"...but for 2 hours, during the slowest time of day. If there's an acknowledgement that guests need team members, why aren't we putting more TM's during peak times?

Not only that, but the team members on the flow team aren't really all that helpful. Plus, with the specialty teams, we HAD enough team members to account for the 50 guests between 8 and 10.

So...does it really save payroll? Spending 4 hours per team member between 4am and 8am versus spending 4 hours per team member between 6am and 10am?

After doing this for about a year, I'm not seeing the benefit. Guest survey scores didn't go up for morning truck days, logistics didn't end up using less hours(if anything, they use more), and there seems to be more of a mess on the floor and carts left over after the process.

I couldn't imagine ANYONE in my store working a truck after the store is open. There's barely enough room to navigate through the swarming guests with a 3-tier cart, much less a flat or cardboard cage. I continually thank god that we're overnight and nobody has to deal with that.

Our store does 6AM and it works well enough, for the most part. Mornings are usually quiet, so they have time to work, and when it gets crazy they're all able to assist in whatever needs done.

My store is 6am but they go 4am or earlier every chance they get because it works so much better.

We just missed the cutoff for 4am this year but ETL-LOG has said our sales are way up and he expects us to easily make it next year (even if they raise the threshold).

If my A+ goes from overnight to early AM, they'll have to hire a whole new flow team.

As a smoker I support ANYTHING other than overnights lol lockdowns suck ! That's the main reason I transfered to a lower volume store

I actually like our 6am unload, we are usually 100% done with truck by 11am. Then we get most of our team to help pull the 12s and do reshop. It really helps the rest of the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back