Archived Will i get a raise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott17

Cashier
I was hired seasonal in october. At the end of January i got offered to stay. I am pretty sure my official employment with target starts from the january date, as far as raises go.

Will i get a raise during the review everyone is talking about? How long are you supposed to work before you get a raise?

I would like some more money :spiteful:

Also i am a cashier, my speed score is ALWAYS green. My overall redcard score is green and is green most weeks. Every once in a while i wont get any, but i am also part time so if i dont get one when im only scheduled 12 hours for the week and get unlucky i dont think i should be punished for that.

I was hired seasonal in october. At the end of January i got offered to stay. I am pretty sure my official employment with target starts from the january date, as far as raises go.

Will i get a raise during the review everyone is talking about? How long are you supposed to work before you get a raise?

I would like some more money :spiteful:

Also i am a cashier, my speed score is ALWAYS green. My overall redcard score is green and is green most weeks. Every once in a while i wont get any, but i am also part time so if i dont get one when im only scheduled 12 hours for the week and get unlucky i dont think i should be punished for that.

I was in your situation last spring (only less green), and I got a 5 cent raise, which my GSTL claimed was "prorated" because I hadn't been there for a whole year yet.

aw $0.05. that isnt anything.

For part time $0.05 X20 hours a week = $1 a week X 52 weeks = $52 dollars a year.. with like a 10% tax its $46.80 a year more. Thats not even worth the time to meet with the manager to have them tell you, you get a .05 raise lol.

aw $0.05. that isnt anything.

For part time $0.05 X20 hours a week = $1 a week X 52 weeks = $52 dollars a year.. with like a 10% tax its $46.80 a year more. Thats not even worth the time to meet with the manager to have them tell you, you get a .05 raise lol.

ive been working at target for 4 years, my last 2 raises were 0.05. Dont expect much

Yeah, you'll get the prorated raise.

My first review last year was prorated also. I got hired in October and they kept me and my hire date was October so I got a 7month prorated raise of .12 cents
I'm hoping for atleast .20 cents this time as I've been on everyones good side, got team member of the month a couple of times, and been doing my job and more. If I get anything less then a E I would probably quit on the spot(no pun intended)

My first raise was a nickel. It was the TL I hated giving the review and I remember him saying "You're raise won't be reflected in the newest pay check, but don't worry it definitely will in the next one."

Wanted to flip out on him for making such an idiotic comment

My first review last year was prorated also. I got hired in October and they kept me and my hire date was October so I got a 7month prorated raise of .12 cents
I'm hoping for atleast .20 cents this time as I've been on everyones good side, got team member of the month a couple of times, and been doing my job and more. If I get anything less then a E I would probably quit on the spot(no pun intended)

I just realized that's what my TL meant last year....I got a .12 cent raise too...prorated. Maybe I will get a whopping quarter this year!! And I am with you on the quitting on spot.

Hate to tell you, but, getting a decent raise (better than .25) is hard... Not because of your TL or exec, just b/c of the way the reviews are written. Many of the questions/criteria are in my opinion yes or no questions or effective/unsatisfactory if you want to look at it that way.

Most TMs fall under the Effective or InEffective category usually with a pay increase of 1-3%.

Mine have been 16, 14, 8, and 6 cents (ever year I've worked). I'm betting on getting 4 cents this year (being that I was recently told by a leader that I don't do anything and I distract others) and I still won't have hit $8.

My first raise at Target was $.90 an hour. I have not seen anything since then that was near that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back