Archived Will I get fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLN13

Hardlines TM
I was hired about a month ago as a Hardlines TM. All of my TL's and HR people have been super nice to me and said I've done a great job, etc.

I'm just a little worried now because they've called me a few times asking if I can come in within the last week, and I've been busy. I've called them back and apologized and said I couldn't make it, but I'm just worried they might get mad about that, because I also am on vacation all of next week. (Yes, I got the dates off before I was even given training.) Just a little worried because I haven't been able to pick up extra shifts.

Will I get fired?

Why would you? They go down the list. If you say no, they move on. If you aren't scheduled, you aren't obligated or required to pick up extra shifts.

Why would you? They go down the list. If you say no, they move on. If you aren't scheduled, you aren't obligated or required to pick up extra shifts.
Idk, I've just read a lot of stuff saying like anything can get you fired in your first 90 days and stuff like that..

Fear not. I'm sure you'll still receive your 25 cents annual raise.
I don't even really care about a raise, I just don't wanna get terminated.

While the first 90 days is the easiest to get term'd in, saying no to coming in will not get you fired. I said no to plenty of call ins in my first 90 and I'm still here almost a year later.

Nope, you're totally fine. You're only responsible for the shifts you're scheduled for. There's absolutely zero penalty for saying no when they call you and ask you to come in for extra shifts.

giphy.gif

Depends, when you called to tell them you were busy, did you mention that you were stealing massive amounts of hangers from the bins and you needed to find a place to stash them all. Then, did you go on and on about how your walk-in closet isn't really "walk-in," but more of a "walk-through" which of course then transitioned into the flexible definitions of prepositions and how you dislike transitive verbs? And then, when you hung up 35 minutes later, did you realize that you also accidentally set up a kiddie pool filled with beer in the housewares section and you were wondering if that was on brand, which then led to another 18 minute phone call?

If so.........

Nah it won't. During my 90 days, i used to not pick up and just let it go to voicemail because they were usually cashier shifts and i hated them. As long as you don't do ncns or come in late a lot etc, ull be okay.

Of course not. Picking up shifts is optional. Only calling in and NCNS will ding you. Picking up shifts will let your leadership know you are increasingly flexible and a team player

At least you call back & decline; that gets you a few points since it lets them mark you off & move down the list.
Can't tell you how many people never responded so I had a list of 'left message' & NO call-backs.
You'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back