• Thread starter targetgirl123456
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

targetgirl123456

Just wondering, say if your meal break is at 4pm, and you happen to be helping a guest at that time and by the time you start your meal, it's like 4:11 or 4:20 is that okay as long as it's in the hour your supposed to take your break?

Depends on the state but as long as you don't go over 6 hours you should be OK.
They should figure that in when they schedule you for your break.

5 hours in california so it depends on the state like Commie said but if you just took your lunch late and didn't hit the hour that your state has set you will be fine.

Yeah, you're fine, as long as you didn't hit 6 hours (or 5 if you're in CA) without a lunch. At my store we almost never take our breaks/lunches at the "scheduled" time. I worked 8-4:30 today and the PDA said my lunch was supposed to be at 10. Screw that, there's no way I was going to take lunch after only 2 hours, especially since if I did, I'd be right up against 6 hours when 4:30 came around.

Where I live, lunches MUST be taken before the 5 hour mark or there are major ramifications. You're expected to go to lunch no later than your 4.5 hour mark in order to make sure you're within time. If you work over 8 hours, you have to take a second lunch under five hours from your first lunch. Failure to comply results in a coaching and repeated offenses can lead to termination. They're pretty serious about that here.

I never figured out if it was 7 hours worked or 7 hours scheduled for 2 15's. I think the poster says "workday".

Lets say you start at 8am. If you are going to be working until 3:30(assuming 30min lunch) you are allowed a second break.

I never figured out if it was 7 hours worked or 7 hours scheduled for 2 15's. I think the poster says "workday".
I go by scheduled hours but for me we get two 15s if we are scheduled for 6 hours or more.

As long as you punch out (either Start Meal or End Work) before your state's lunch threshold, you're ok. Always check in with your TL or LOD - they'll schedule your lunch well before the time at which you would hit compliance so that starting your lunch 10 or 15 min late won't hurt you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back