Archived Will my seasonal position end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all,

I'm a softlines team member originally hired as a seasonal team member mid August. It's now almost mid October and I haven't heard anything about being hired on or let go.

I have decided I no longer want to keep working at target once my seasonal position "ends" but after speaking to several other team members, I'm not sure who I should talk to about this because many of them said they were hired on without being notified.

To be honest, I am a great team member and I think my store will WANT to hire me on. But unfortunately I am having trouble keeping up with my college schedule and working at the same time. I also won't be available over the holidays.

Who should I speak to about this? HR? TL? Should I call the store or ask while I'm at work?

Any advice would be appreciated. I intend to finish out my seasonal position but do not intend to work past it.

Who should I speak to about this? HR? TL? Should I call the store or ask while I'm at work?

You need to go in person and speak to HR. Let them know that you have decided to give your two week's notice and the reason why. They will give you a form to fill out. Make sure you work out these last two weeks to be marked as rehirable.

Regular TMs who are past 90 days and want to stay employed have the option of going on an educational LOA instead.

At this point stores can keep seasonal hires up to 165 days before they become automatically keyed as regular.

You have already finished out your seasonal position since it sounds like you were a BTS seasonal hire (larger volume stores have these) rather than a holiday one.

Like my colleague above said fill out your two weeks and focus on school. You will be marked rehireable should you ever want to come back.

It's better to leave now then your store be disappointed you can't work over the holidays

There is a voluntary termination form you will need to fill out and turned into HR. 2 1/2 weeks notice if you can. Being seasonal, they may allow you to leave earlier. Be sure to leave on good terms so you will marked as rehireable. You can always come back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back