Archived Will Worker's Comp claim affect my position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Net

Had an injury less than a week ago that I'm pretty sure has torn my shoulder. It didn't hurt that day, but became hell the next morning. Didn't think it was a big deal at first, but got more alarmed when it didn't heal. I had called off 2 days at first, stating the work injury as the reason over the phone and no one did anything. I didn't know the procedure at the time.

I came in today, telling the LOD that I couldn't do any heavy lifting and talked about the work injury, and she got on the phone and paperwork immediately. Long story short, on my way to a hospital visit right now, they said Target would pay for the visit.

Hopefully this all rolls out okay, but is my job in jeopardy?

How long did you wait from the moment of injury until filing paperwork? There is a time period you can report an injury in which it will be covered. Right away is obviously the best idea but within 24hrs I believe is the limit (someone correct me if I got this wrong?)

As for your position it doesnt have as much to do with workmans comp as it d9es with your ability to do your job. If you cant do the minimum requirements of your job or say a cashier job then you may have a problem. It also depejds on if your leaders want to work around the situation. If your shoulder will heal then you would be ok but if it turns into an extensive or permanent issue you might wanna keep another job in mind.

I have seen many tms at my store canned for injuries that prevent them from doijg their job. My store is also run by stuck up hardasses so its asants.

Just as a follow-up, things went fine. Got a stern talking to from the store manager about how this should be a write-up due to the circumstances, but his use of the word "should" made me optimistic. The worst of the injury took a couple of weeks to clear up, but I'm back to work and doing well. Live and learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back