Archived Woman stuck by needle in target's parking lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I do drink beer, I like about a tablespoon of whiskey mixed with it.

Beer just bloats me and makes me piss.

Target didn't settle this because it creates much more liability down the road. It's called precedent.

The fact the jury actually sided with the plaintiff is most surprising to me. This will be appealed and most likely Target will win. There will be no settlement.

Target didn't settle this because it creates much more liability down the road. It's called precedent.

The fact the jury actually sided with the plaintiff is most surprising to me. This will be appealed and most likely Target will win. There will be no settlement.

Unless details exist that were not released to the public, I don't see how this wouldn't be overturned.

You can not reasonably expect retailers to constantly monitor every inch of their parking lots in order to avoid situations like this. Furthermore, citizens must exhibit a reasonable amount of common sense in order to avoid situations like this. This lady should probably be suing her insurance company for any fees associated with this mental blunder.

It can also depend on if there was a complaint about this before.
I don't see anything in the article about it but if there had been an issue with needles and they proved that Spot hadn't made an effort to take care of it then it would make sense.

Juries can be manipulated very easily.

As a guy who cart attends usually 2-3 times a week... there is no way in hell should anyone but her be held responsible for anything. We're not there to clean our parking lots, we're sent out with a vest and walkie and keys to start the QuikCart machine/operator they give us and that's all. We can put trash in the cart that's attached to the operator but that's usually trash you'd find in the carts themselves.

I have no idea where she found this needle but it was probably somewhere where cart attendants don't go to unless there's a cart there... usually the back of the parking lot or the far corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back